My Project

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 01, 2011, 02:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuyLowSellHigh

Cole Pamrer makes some of the finest thermocouples and temperature measuring equipment around.  We used them extensively for l chemical R&D labs and process control applications.  The common insultations are PVC and PTFE.  I doubt they are food-grade insulation, but the the insulation isn't supposed to be in contact with the food anyway.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

ronbeaux

Breaux does not intend for this probe to be exposed to higher than 200F and the coating should be good for that. It doesn't touch the food, only the tip which should be no different than any other probe.

He used an Allied Kenco controller with a 1500 watt burner and added a hot plate to smoke the sawdust. At last conversation he says he has two hot plates so when one plays out he can unplug it and switch to the other one to keep it smoking and not have to open the door.

He is able to follow the directions in the Rytek book to the letter as far as temp goes and his first batch was top notch.

He has a heat shield over the burner element so fat can't drip on it and is currently exploring a tray of some sort so all he has to do is remove it and clean it after a smoke.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

NePaSmoKer

I might be working on mine tonight.........YAY

smokeitall

Hope you get the time, would be nice to see some smoke rolling out of that big boy.
SIA

NePaSmoKer

I been waiting cuz my neighbor has a couple broke ribs and i didnt want to bother him, but he text me this morning and said he would like to work on it some. What a guy  ;D

Will take some pics while working

KyNola

Dang Rick, I want to move next door to you too.  Between you and that incredible neighbor of yours, you guys have a great time helping each other.

NePaSmoKer

Working on my project. Want to give a special THANK YOU to all the forum members who gave some great suggestions and some i didnt understand. Also a special TY to a member who really helped with this. Wont say who but he knows who he is. If he wants to post i will let him say. TYVM again my friends.

Here is the work in progress. I do have a wire in the wrong place which i cought after the pics. You might have seen it  ;D

The inside with all the racks in place.

These pics are of all the original old workings.

Installing the new parts

Timer replaced with a switch.

New relay being placed and wired.

New thermostat.

Ok catch my mess up  :D

Tenpoint5

Both Wires from the new switch go to the same lead on the relay?? No an Electrician by any means just guessing
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 16, 2011, 06:21:53 AM
Both Wires from the new switch go to the same lead on the relay?? No an Electrician by any means just guessing

good catch.
i fixed the problem  :D

Keymaster

Good job!!! Is it making heat yet?

ronbeaux

That box is gonna rock!!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Keymaster on January 16, 2011, 07:21:24 AM
Good job!!! Is it making heat yet?

getting real close to heat.

Going to finish here in a few.

classicrockgriller

Looks like you got things going your way, freepas! ;D

A Smoker is being conceived right before our eyes!

NePaSmoKer

All wired before power up.

Look ok?

Keymaster

As far as I can tell by the pictures  ;D Fire in the hole ;D