• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cabela's Horizontal Sausage Stuffers

Started by SL2010, January 02, 2011, 06:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SL2010

I found this 10 pound stuffer on sale was wondering if its a good piece equipment

lumpy

Did you forget to attach the link by any chance ;)

ArnieM

Even without the link - never heard anything good about horizontal stuffers.  I'd go for a vertical.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

GusRobin

I would go with  a vertical. For $25 more youcould get this:
http://www.grizzly.com/products/5-lb-Vertical-Sausage-Stuffer-SS/H6252
A couple of members here have that unit and it is similar to the LEM 5 lber except it has plastic gears. They seem to not have had any issue with it being plastic.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

SL2010

i will keep researching thanks for the input

FLBentRider

I have the weston 7lb from cabelas - in a box!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

Go with the LEM 5 lb or the Weston or even the Dakotah water stuffer.

Keymaster

I have the Lem 5# vertical Stuffer and am very satisfied. Cleans up real easy and no Leaks. When they say 5# they mean 5# if you go over a 1/4 pound it will be squishin out the top. A five pound batch of sausages is actually a lot for the wife and I. You can get the Lem at Meatprocessingproducts.com and use there 10% off Coupon code MPP2010.

marauder11

micman

I haven't been doing this long enough to way in on whats best vertical or horizontal, my friend let me use their vertical stuffer from Cabela's, it is a 15# with a motor and a sewing machine foot pedal. It has adjustable speed, way easy for one person to do. Not sure of the cost but if you can go that way it is the cats meow. will try and include a pic. 8)

BigJohnT

Stuffers and Rock Chuckers in the same photo... You gotta love it.

John

SL2010

Well all i got to say is WE (meaning my wife) decided to wait on the stuffer till a later date ;D ;D ;D ;D

ArnieM

You can make sausage into patties, bulk or balls.  Fresh sausage patties is one of my favorites.  Great with eggs or on a bun.  Take your time.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

BigJohnT

I make Jalapeno & Cheddar Sausage patties and it is real tasty and easy to make. My wife and I can make 5 lbs in about an hour.

Recipe is here in the Sausage category. Shamelessly stolen from Sailor...

John