Bayou Classic Deep Dryer

Started by wkahler, January 02, 2011, 10:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ka Honu

Kinda like boats - I don't own them any more; I just suck up to friends who do.  But, if you insist on owning one, you'll sure be able to fry up a mess of hush puppies.

wkahler

Now you get I"M CRAZY!!  Just one of those things once i try it and see how much i like it or don't like it then i will have to stick it in the attic with the infrared cooker!!  Didn't even get it down this year for turkey day, did them on the Traeger!

Quote from: Ka Honu on January 04, 2011, 04:30:17 AM
Kinda like boats - I don't own them any more; I just suck up top friends who do.  But, if you insist on owning one, you'll sure be able to fry up a mess of hush puppies.
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

SL2010

wkahler i spoke to guys that i work with and before i tell you you need to understand these boys are from the woods and they are very unique fellas but they have been using the same oil over and over its filtered after every use and keep adding  fresh to the batch but he did say that if it gets real dark they start fresh and he also said that after every cook the bird get a darker color but no real difference in taste  good luck on your new venture

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: SL2010 on January 04, 2011, 02:45:21 PM
wkahler i spoke to guys that i work with and before i tell you you need to understand these boys are from the woods and they are very unique fellas but they have been using the same oil over and over its filtered after every use and keep adding  fresh to the batch but he did say that if it gets real dark they start fresh and he also said that after every cook the bird get a darker color but no real difference in taste  good luck on your new venture

Also some times it will develop a slight rancid smell, when it does it is also time to change the oil.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

wkahler

These sound like my kind of guys!!  LOL supposed to be here today and will see what i can adventure into with it!!

Quote from: SL2010 on January 04, 2011, 02:45:21 PM
The smoking lamp is lit!!!