Uncle Abe's (Ground only instructions)?

Started by chooch, January 03, 2011, 03:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chooch

Getting ready to burn up 30lbs of bottom round jerky and was gonna use Uncle Abe's Hot.... then I noticed their instructions are for ground meats and I can't find whole muscle instructions.

Anyone know of an "official" Uncle Abe's instruction for whole muscle, or, is there a generic adjustment usually made for whole muscle vs. ground?

Thanks

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: chooch on January 03, 2011, 03:16:33 PM
Getting ready to burn up 30lbs of bottom round jerky and was gonna use Uncle Abe's Hot.... then I noticed their instructions are for ground meats and I can't find whole muscle instructions.

Anyone know of an "official" Uncle Abe's instruction for whole muscle, or, is there a generic adjustment usually made for whole muscle vs. ground?

Thanks

Is Uncle Abe's from Bass Pro?

chooch

It's from Sausagemaker.com, I think it's their own thing. It's got soy and a few other fillers in it besides spice and salt.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: chooch on January 03, 2011, 03:34:17 PM

It's from Sausagemaker.com, I think it's their own thing. It's got soy and a few other fillers in it besides spice and salt.

What i would do is mix 5-6 Tbs mix with 1 cup water for every 5 lbs meat. Add 1 tsp cure to the 5 lbs if your going to smoke it and do 5 lb  batches at a time. My peso worth  :D

chooch

I guess it's really no major deal as long as I use the same amount of cure for the meat. The rest is just spice 'n crap so it's no big deal.

Thanks