wanabe pastrami is in the smoker

Started by grnhs, January 05, 2011, 07:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up In Smoke

2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

grnhs

CRG does a piece of bark count?

I will slice that puppy up tomorrow and post another pic, KyNola.

We have a place here that makes a mean light rye bread, it's light colored but has a very rich rye taste. I can hardly wait!!!
wish my smoked swiss was ready.

KyNola

grnhs,
That nice bread you described, a nice mustard and MOUNDS of that very thinly sliced pastrami piled high and O............................................................................................h my God!  Sorry, I sort of "zoned" out there for a minute thinking about how good that first bite of that sandwich is going to be.  ;) :D

grnhs

I"m at work, but I'm tasting it too.

grnhs

OK KN here it is.
maybe a little salty, but in my zeal to get it into the smoker I spaced out rinsing it, would that do it?

SnellySmokesEm

The saltiness should calm down after a few days rest in the fridge...  Nice job, now go make a reuben sammie and post some more pics.  ;D
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

jiggerjams

KyNola

HOO WEE does that look good!  Some folks will soak a corned beef brisket prior to adding the pastrami rub to it in an efort to reduce the saltiness.  I don't mind the saltiness so mine goes straight out of the package, a very quick rinse and then add the rub.

Yours looks really really good.

So how was your first sandwich?

grnhs

OK, I have to admit I'm on a very restrictive diet right now and I froze it all.
It will be the main fair at the superbowl party.
Along with smoked cheese, almonds and wasabi peas.