First bacon

Started by schneep, January 06, 2011, 09:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiggerjams

what's goin' down at salmon town. That is a lot of salmon.

schneep

I did a similar batch of salmon for Christmas, and it disappeared!!, so I had to make some more for my fishing buddies and to have on hand.  Got a freezer full, we have some on the grill everyweek, plus smoked for snacks and stuff.
Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

jiggerjams

sounds delish. I will have to try it sometime...a smaller batch though it is $$ here $7-$8 lb.

schneep

OK, today was the day to do the smoke of my very first bacon, using 10.5's recipe.

Out of the frig and ready to go

Smoker ready also

Smokin!!!

Results

Doing another batch tommorrow :)

Tenpoint5

Looks really good. How did that piece you sliced off taste after you fried it up??
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

schneep

It tasted very good, and I expect after being in the frig overnight it will be even better.  ?? The batch I'm doing tommorrow is without the maple syrup, it just had the brown sugar and the remaining ingredients from the recipe. :)

kinyo

Can't wait to see the results of the one without the maple syrup!

KyNola

Way to go Schneep!  Looks great.  You are now officially spoiled when it comes to buying bacon instead of making it yourself.

OU812

Looks mighty good for having Maple syrup on it.  ;D

Cant wait to see the regular bacon.

schneep

The batch made without the maple syrup is in the smoker and the IT is 107, won't be long now!! 

schneep

OK, here is the batch made with 10.5's recipe. minus the maple syrup.  Did not add any extra brown sugar, just what the recipe called for.
Both batches are excellent tasting, but I actually think I like the brown sugar only better, if thats possible??  The wifey said " NO more store bought bacon"  and I said OK!! :)

Out of the smoker

OOOOOOh baby!!

I'm in heaven, I'm in heaven!! :) :) :) :)

KyNola

kinyo

OU812

Quote from: schneep on January 21, 2011, 01:47:29 PM
but I actually think I like the brown sugar only better, if thats possible??  The wifey said " NO more store bought bacon"  and I said OK!! :)

Now thats what I'm talking about!

ADH

Send me some please, as I'm out and don't have time to do more.. before a possible relo..