Ice Cream Bread in a SRG (Rocky Road)

Started by TMB, January 11, 2011, 05:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

After the last try at ice cream bread a friend asked if I could do one in a Big Easy or SRG well here's one from a SRG.  This is Rocky Road Bread that I made today.   I did add extra sugar to pick it up a notch but other then that same recipe.  1 pint ice cream to 1 1/2 cups self rising flour  ~~  I added 1/4 cup sugar on this cook.  Kimmie loved it and she's not one for bread.

Outside temp was 28 and strong wind, reason I used the unit with the wind screen on it.

Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

classicrockgriller

I bow to the BE/SRG Master!

I bet you can't ...........

Naa, I would lose! ;D

TMB

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 11, 2011, 06:03:42 PM

Naa, I would lose! ;D
Try me I need idea's!   ;D

Still trying to figure out how to make ice cream in it, just cant seem to get the heat setting cold enough?  LOL

FLBentRider

Quote from: TMB on January 11, 2011, 06:06:07 PM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 11, 2011, 06:03:42 PM

Naa, I would lose! ;D
Try me I need idea's!   ;D

Still trying to figure out how to make ice cream in it, just cant seem to get the heat setting cold enough?  LOL

Just turn off the gas and get churning!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

WOWSERS

Tommy thats nice.

I would try that but my SRG is full of bricks  :D  :D

TMB

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 11, 2011, 06:15:58 PM
WOWSERS

Tommy thats nice.

Rick you never let me down with these post!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: TMB on January 11, 2011, 06:18:27 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 11, 2011, 06:15:58 PM
WOWSERS

Tommy thats nice.

Rick you never let me down with these post!

:D  :D

I gotta get mine out and do something in it again, maybe the gobbler i have in the freezer.

TestRocket

Why am I not surprised? Oh! Could be I had a heads up? Rocky Road bread in the snow and ice! That's funny!  ;D

jiggerjams

Looks great Tom, how much flavor came through from the ice cream?

Caneyscud

Rocky Road Ice Cream Bread made in a "smoker".  I think I may have seen it all now! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

TMB

Quote from: Caneyscud on January 12, 2011, 06:52:53 AM
Rocky Road Ice Cream Bread made in a "smoker".  I think I may have seen it all now!  
I'm just getting started!  Remember I just got a Bradley and I have a lot to learn and do in it so you never know..   ;)

TMB

Quote from: jiggerjams on January 12, 2011, 06:19:08 AM
Looks great Tom, how much flavor came through from the ice cream?
Not as much as you would think.  Think on the lines of banana nut bread and you would be close to texture, taste would be which ever type ice cream you used. So if you used banana cream you would get a banana flavor and so on. 

I added 1/4 cup of sugar to this mix but Kimmie thinks 1/3 would be better.  She said it would make a great coffee bread/cake..

Caneyscud

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

smoker pete

You're the man Tommy !!!  Have bookmarked this SRG and the oven methods of your ice cream bread.  Now all I need to do is check locally for some self rising flour.

Quick question about the SRG:  Was it set on High or Low.  About how long did you have it in the SRG?  I reckon the ingredients were 1 pint ice cream, 1½ cups of self rising flour, and 1/3 cup of sugar?

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

TMB

Quote from: smoker pete on January 12, 2011, 09:21:22 AM
You're the man Tommy !!!  Have bookmarked this SRG and the oven methods of your ice cream bread.  Now all I need to do is check locally for some self rising flour.

Quick question about the SRG:  Was it set on High or Low.  About how long did you have it in the SRG?  I reckon the ingredients were 1 pint ice cream, 1½ cups of self rising flour, and 1/3 cup of sugar?
Hey Pete,  SRG on high setting lid down and about 25 min's then start poking to see if done.  Now this is for a cast iron pot time may chang if using a different type pan/pot.   If you can raise it a little off the bottom it will help out, a brick would work just fine.

Nepa's that's a brick in the chamber not under the chamber (I know you wouldn't do that) !!!

The recipe was 1 pint ice cream, 1 1/2 cups self rising flour and 1/4 cup sugar.  Kimmie said I need to try 1/3 next time to make it a little more sweet.