10-5 Maple bacon.............but what about pepper bacon!!

Started by wkahler, January 13, 2011, 04:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Fatty side up.  Turn the Bradley rack upside down so it is raised off the surface of your Traeger and place the bacon slab fatty side up on top of the Bradley rack.

wkahler

Quote from: KyNola on January 14, 2011, 03:00:04 PM
Fatty side up.  Turn the Bradley rack upside down so it is raised off the surface of your Traeger and place the bacon slab fatty side up on top of the Bradley rack.
10-4 good buddy!!!  LOL 10-4 on the 10-5 thread LOL!!!
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

wkahler

schneep

I just finished 20 pounds of bacon, and if I can do it anybody can :)

Good luck, and if you followed 10.5's recipe you will have success.
Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

KyNola

You got this!  One piece of advice.  When you fry up that first piece you have smoked, have someone standing behind you so you don't hit the floor after the first taste. :D  It will be that good.

Looking forward to the pics!

wkahler

:)  :) Nice just check the IT it was around 120.  The -6 this morning is making it a little harder to get it to the temp but its working its way up.  Plan is to pull it off and wrap it up and put it in the fridge and slice on Sunday night.  Very much looking forward to it, just hop i can stand to hold myself back.  I am usually a little bacon crazy when it comes to eating it LOL!! :)  :)

wkahler

Well here is what we have so fare.  One slab is off and ready to wrap up for over night storage.  Do you guys trim off any of the fat on top???  The wife thought it looked a little excesive, but i was just going to role with it.

schneep

Almost looks like you left the skin on????? If so, it's got to come off.
Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

wyoduke

Quote from: schneep on January 22, 2011, 01:26:57 PM
Almost looks like you left the skin on????? If so, it's got to come off.
I was thinking that also
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

wkahler

Not he skin was off , the way i requested it from the butcher, just has a lot of fat on the top of it in the middle. That might be the fact that the pigs it came from where from a local farmer and not a mass production farm................dont't know but it is sliced and taste GREAT!!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokin Soon

If you want the MAX pepper you can have, use the dry cure and drive that cracked pepper in with a bread roller. I lean on it pretty good until I see that is not just going to fall off. I could not decide what I wanted for flavor Maple or pepper. Now I do both, but use maple powder in the mix to avoid the cost of pure maple.