Big Bob Gibson's Alabama White BBQ Sauce

Started by Gordon, August 15, 2005, 04:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon

Have yall tried this?  Walmart carries it, so I tried it (despite reading the ingredients).

Mayonaisse and vinegar....but I thought "how can so many people be wrong?"

So I tried it...I would not call all of those people wrong - but I will say that I did not enjoy it.  

Not BBQ to me.

What a piece of work is man!

RobertBarnett

There is a recipe for this stuff on the FoodTV web site. The link is:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_27428,00.html

I don't think this would be something I would like. I am not a big mayo fan. So far my favorite BBQ sauce is one from America's Test Kitchen that they use to do Oven Barbecued Chicken with. I just make it up and keep it in the fridge. It is nice a spicy and really good.

If anyone is interested I can post the recipe.

As soon as my Smoker arrives I am going to make some and smoke it to give it a nice rich smokey flavor.

Robert

Gordon

yeah, I saw that there too.  Matter of fact, that is where I saw the story about it.  Did you see the BBQ spaghetti?  They have the recipe for that too, but it does not work like the story on TV.  I figure you have to put it in the smoker under the pork to get the drippings in the sauce.

It did look good though.  I love BBQ shows almost as much as hunting shows!!

BigSmoker

To each his own I guess but I really enjoy it on my smoked and grilled chicken.  I've sold quite a few bottles of it through my store as well.  I've never seen it at my local walmart so I guess I should look[:D].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Gordon

being a yankee, I actually do like mayonaisse.  I did not spit it out, it is edible, just not what I would expect for BBQ.  I still like my Sweet Hickory Bullseye.

I smoked chickens with hickory this weekend, and I mixed in a puck or two of mesquite.  It was pretty good.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">RobertBarnett: If anyone is interested I can post the recipe<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Yepper I sure am... always looking to try a new item...[:p] Thanks

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

RobertBarnett

Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce

1 Cup Ketchup
2 Tablespoons Finely Grated Onion*
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
3 Tablespoons Molasses
2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
3 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
1 Teaspoons Chili Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper Powder
2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
1/2 Teaspoons Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thick. You can use it thick if you like that way. I add about 1/2 cup of cider vinegar and about 1 tablespoon salt to it after it has thickened. I also play to put it in the smoker and let it get a little smoke flavor too.

For me this has been the best BBQ Sauce I have found. I like my sauce a little sweet, kind of medium thin and tangy spicy.

Robert

jaeger

Welcome to the forum Robert!

Looks like a good BBQ sauce recipe![:p]

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">