Extra heating element

Started by Lostonetoo, January 25, 2011, 04:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lostonetoo

Where is a good place to get an extra heating element?  Would like to have one on hand just incase mine goes out when I'm smoking....

Also is the Bradley smoker cook book any good?
Thanks

rcger

I'm not certain, but I think Yard and Pool might be the place to get an extra element.  As far as the cookbook, I've never seen it, but I can't see it being any better than the information you can find on this forum.  Every question I've ever asked has been answered within a half hour.  Enjoy your smoker!

Quote from: Lostonetoo on January 25, 2011, 04:31:15 PM
Where is a good place to get an extra heating element?  Would like to have one on hand just incase mine goes out when I'm smoking....

Also is the Bradley smoker cook book any good?
Thanks
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

OU812

I would start here for the parts you need and hes a forum member.

http://www.yardandpool.com/Bradley-Smoker-Replacement-Parts-s/341.htm

As far as the cook book, the smoke/cook times are all wrong but the recipes are good.

lumpy

If you live in Canada call Bradley, if US call Bryan at Yard & Pool

Lostonetoo

Thanks for the link, went a head and just ordered a spare just incase.

Also is there a thread that has the cook time and temps for briskets, ribs, pork?

Thanks

Lostonetoo

Thanks for the link lumpy.  Has some really good info and starting points.  So from what I have read so far is about and hour to and hour and half per pound for a brisket.

Thanks again everyone.

GusRobin

Time depends upon your cooking temp, how much additional items in there, how many times you can't resist the urge to peek. Keep you vent open to let moisture out. I usually allow 2-3 hours of FTC time as a cushion. It will be done by meat temp, not time. Sometimes you run into a stubborn one. If you start running out of time you can use the "texas crutch" - wrap it in foil with some liquid - of choice, juice, beer, wine, etc). It will speed up the cook, but will reduce the bark. SO allow enough time for low and slow. Sorry couldn't be more specific, but each cook is different.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.