• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Heat Elements

Started by Bradley (Head Office), January 25, 2011, 12:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbritten_nh

Apropos to my previous post, I installed the new element, it is working like a champ.

Is any seasoning suggested for new elements?

Toker

Just heat it at let say 200 empty for 1hour and you should be fine.

oakville smoker

I ordered 2 replacements for my blown element last Tuesday
I am thinking having a spare is a good idea
Hoping they show up soon
Next weekend is Masters Weekend and the patrons are demanding pulled pork
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

gbritten_nh

When I sent a note to Brian on the issue of the elements, offering mine for failure analysis, he said that Bradley had rejected their entire inventory back to the manufacturer, and had a completely new stock.  I also thought my new element was heavier, but I never handled the 2 at the same time, so could be simply a memory issue!  My new one has run for nearly as long as my old one did (though only 3 smokes and 2 dry runs with empty cabinet), and is going great so far.

RFT

This is good news.

If they have identified the bad batch I wonder if they would voluntarily swap the bad ones out with the known good batch?  I have one "extra" Element that I bought from Yard and Pool just in case my replacement from Bradley went bad.  How can we Identify if we have an element that may have issues?
"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

TonyL222

Quote from: gbritten_nh on March 29, 2011, 03:06:17 PM
When I sent a note to Brian on the issue of the elements, offering mine for failure analysis, he said that Bradley had rejected their entire inventory back to the manufacturer, and had a completely new stock. 

That IS good news!!!  I got my last replacement before this, obvioulsy, and wonder if I'm on borrowed time.

RFT

I would actually like to hear some official word from Bradley about the element issue being resolved.  Not that I doubt you at all Gbritton, but straight from the horses mouth would be great.

"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

radamo

I just ordered an OBS from amazon. Seeing this thread has me concerned I will get one of the defective ones.  Fingers crossed.
RA

vargy49

I just found this .  My bradly is only 2 months old and burnt the 1st one out today!!
Do you folks have a number for me to call??

Vargy

devo

Telephone
In Canada:
Customer Service Toll Free: (800) 665-4188

Phone: (604) 524-3848
Fax: (604) 524-3839

Our Canadian phone lines are open 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. PST Monday through Friday

In USA:
Customer Service Toll Free: (866) 508-7514

Local: (309) 343-1124
Fax: (309) 343-1126

Our USA phone lines are open between 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m CST Monday through Friday

oakville smoker

Just had one of my replacements burn out after 3 smokes
Thankfully I ordered 2
I have been using my Bubba a lot these days and was going to slow cook some ribs in my BDS4 and no tekp !
Replacement works great
The awesome people at Bradely are sending me a replacement for my replacement
Not sure I would be without a spare now

Thanks for the great service Bradley
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

jmf

I have had my Bradley Smoker OB since 12/10.  When it works it does a great job however I have had two elements stop working.  The plastic on the door became brittle and broke to where the door fell off the hinges and the bottom plate where the temperature control and light are has broken twice.

There are some severe quality issues going on with the elements and the plastics that become brittle under the heat.

Luckily the customer service at Bradley is superb.  I am just concerned with what is going to happen when my warranty runs out.

vargy49

Thank you for the phone Number.  I called them and they sent me one right away.  I got it installed and just like jmf
I love the smoker.  It works great.  Now the bottom plastic on the door hing broke and the door fell off!!!
I will call them on monday again.   I sure hope I dont need to put thier number on speed dial cause I sure like the smoker.
I only had it 2 months.

Vargy

Quarlow

Vargy that sucks. But I have had my OBS for 2 years now and have not had a thing break or burn out. Had to open the SG a couple of times to clean it but that is all. Oh and welcome to the forum. Best bunch of smokers I ever met.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

muebe

Vargy... Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I've had my OBS for 8 months. I had cracking issues on my front plate and the bottom of the door. I was very close to having the door fall off due to the cracking and I was not aware of the problem until I did a close inspection(due to other recent complaints of doors falling off). Instead of having it replaced with another plastic front panel under warranty that would crack again I just made a replacement out of aluminum. I also made a aluminum plate for the bottom of the door & changed the hinge point so it attached to the aluminum plate directly and not the plastic. Now this solution may not be for everyone but it worked well for me.

I did not have my element die like you did but I decided to do a element mod. I did the 900w element mod instead of the dual element mod because of the element issues that Bradley was experiencing. Again... I decided to take care of the problem myself. My hope is that my unit is now fixed of any issues :)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)