How long do u smoke cheese

Started by mcdc1369, December 06, 2010, 03:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straubo

i am smoking horseradish cheese and pepper jack with applewood,  i have it wrapped in cheese cloth, how long should smoke it for a good full flavor?

FLBentRider

I do two to four hours, the four hours is a little heavy.

Vac seal or wrap the cheese and let it rest in the back of the fridge for 10 days or longer before you dig in.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

pensrock

Horseradish cheese, I would go for three to four hours with apple. I do not wrap cheese cloth around any of my cheeses.

slate

I just smoked some cheese yesterday, Mozzarella, colby, marble, old cheddar and gouda with cherry for 2 hours and 20 minutes. Can't wait to try it. I did the same cheese in September with apple and left it until Christmas and it was awesome.

adriandb

I stuck with an hour for the gouda, mozzarella, cheddar and queso blanco I've done. I've used straight apple pucks and a mix of apple and cherry. Both were great, just make sure to let the cheese sit in a ziplock for a week or more after smoking.

Mike Lockhart

Hello;
How long do u smoke cheese ?
Thank you,
Mike

smoker pete

Quote from: Mike Lockhart on January 29, 2011, 06:49:47 PM
Hello;
How long do u smoke cheese ?
Thank you,
Mike

Welcome to the forum Mike.  I cold smoke my cheese with Apple for 2 hours.  Here's a batch that I smoked that might give you some ideas ... http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=18373.msg222887#msg222887  Once you're done, make sure to wait!!

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl