Who took my KITCHEN???

Started by hal4uk, January 28, 2011, 09:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Quote from: squirtthecat on February 16, 2011, 05:48:57 AM
Quote from: hal4uk on February 15, 2011, 09:13:55 PM
I'm sure the neighbors loved hearing the TABLE SAW tonight.

Uh oh.

Weld the mailbox shut..
Just send them some brisket, pulled pork, or ribs over - they'll forget about the saw!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Quarlow

Hal, if that bothers them then they are lucky they didn't live next to use. My dad renovated our basement with his best drinking buddy when I was a just a teenager. They were drinking and working all weekend. When My dad does things like this he is not your average renovator. He had chainsaws screamin' at three in the morning and powernailers. We were so loud the neighbor woke up. When he come over to see what was going on he ended up with a hammer in one hand and a glass in the other. They drank hard and really did the same work three or four times. But if you were unfortunate enough to pass out (which my dad did) you might end up with your boots nailed to the floor( while your feet were still in them, like my dad did). You should have seen his face when he woke and tried to get up. It was very funny but the best part was when he tried to get them off cause his buddy got so close to his skin that he actually nailed threw the socks.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

squirtthecat

I got a quick look at Hal's new kitchen progress today...   It's gonna be amazing.

Talk about "things in boxes".   Oh My!

hal4uk

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on February 16, 2011, 06:19:50 AM
Hey Hal, any issue with heat from the stereo equip in the cabinet ?
Yep.  I can feel the heat when I open the door, but it doesn't seem to have much affect/transfer on the upper section.  I think enough heat escapes through the 1/8" gap around the door (due to the bumpers), that it's not a serious issue (for anything other than maybe the stereo itself). 

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

hal4uk

I think we're gonna have to start caling the WILDCAT the "Turtle"...
And call the TURTLE the "Wildcat"...
(I done been whooped bad...  But I'm still crawlin'...)

Countertops went in today...

Awrighten.

Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

RossP

Lookin good but you seem to have a one big a$$ hole at the end of the kitchen ;D. That is one huge range hood you got, can hardly wait to see the range going into that big empty space.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

hal4uk

Quote from: RossP on May 10, 2011, 10:38:32 PM
Lookin good but you seem to have a one big a$$ hole at the end of the kitchen ;D. That is one huge range hood ypu got, can hardly wait to see the range going into that big empty space.
Ross---yeah, It's a beast (hood and range going under)-- and, honestly, it's serious "overkill" --but, reason is:  The kitchen ain't really very big, and Mrs wanted double ovens.  Would have been (way) cheaper to do a double oven stack (instead of beast range w/2 ovens), but that would have eaten up counterspace.  I was on a mission to GAIN counterspace.  On the up-side, I did get a floor model range, so saved a few bucks there.  Anyhow, the hood/range still blew the livin' daylights outta the budget, but it's done now and (the important thing) momma's happy...   ;D

Awrighten.

Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

squirtthecat

NICE!  When do we get to mess it up??

That range hood is a beast...  I got a shot of the inside last time I was there.    Twin turbos!

ghost9mm

Hal really a great job...am I missing something or do you have a magic faucet at the sink...? I don't see any plumbing...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

muebe

Hal nice looking countertops....

Is the range a DCS, Wolf, Viking, other???
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Ka Honu

Coming along - looks like you might be able to cook Thanksgiving dinner there after all.

devo

I wouldn't let the cat walk by that blower when its running ......just might find him out in the yard looking like sausage meat  :D

mybad

Wow a six month kitchen re-model....must hecka nice!

Yusuf Mohammed

Quarlow

Looking good Hal. Two thumbs up.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.