First Boneless Turkey Breast

Started by Rainmaker, February 05, 2011, 12:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainmaker

I picked up a boneless turkey breast yesterday and after perusing the site decided to try to cook it in the Bradley.  I marinated it in Italian dressing overnight then rubbed it in Montreal Chicken spice.  I have used Italian dressing once before with chicken wings and was really happy with the result so thought I would try it again here.  It's in the OBS now.  I've set it at 250 with the Auber due to reduce the temp to 150 when the IT reaches 165.  Based on what I've read on this site, I estimate that to be about 6 hours.

[/URL][/img]

Rainmaker

Having trouble getting the picture to show

classicrockgriller

Sounds like a great plan.

Pic looks good.

OU812

Thats gonna be gooood!

Cant wait to see the finished product.

steve-o

I too am doing my first today, been in for an hour and a half so far.

OU812

Woooo Hoooo!

2 breasts at the same time, just the way I like it.  ;D

Sorry, I'll go back in my corner now.

steve-o

I just pulled out mine at 162° and its wrapped in foil and a towel, resting...when everything is done I will do up a post so I dont hijack this one :P

Rainmaker

The turkey breast reached an IT of 165 about 4:00pm so I took it out and wrapped in foil and kept it warm until supper.  It only took about 4 and 1/2 hours which was a bit faster than I expected.  I was very happy with the results.  The meat was juicy and had a good smoke flavour.  I'm looking forward to smoked turkey sandwiches tomorrow as I understand the smoke flavour is enhanced with time.  My wife said we should make this for company which is always a good sign!  All I need now is to find another sale like this one.

Pictures follow:
Breast just after coming out of the OBS

Ready to serve

Served with sweet potato fries, corn , gravy, an Asian salad, and a nice Willamette Valley Pinot Noir