Posting Pictures To Your Posts

Started by devo, February 09, 2011, 04:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

OK I didn't see anything on this so I thought I would try and put something together for those who wonder how we post pictures. Maybe theres already one on here but I couldn't find it.
Here we go:

Tips on uploading pics that are not TOO big but still look good. I am using Photoshop but I believe that just about any photo editing S/W will do the same thing. I have tried a few different things and this is what works best for me. Big enough to view well but not too big to bog things down. I also recommend using http://imageshack.us/

1.) Click on the link I just posted above and you'll see this web page:

You do not have to sign up or register either.

2.) Click on the browse button to locate the picture (on your PC) that you wanna upload (keep it 9" X 9" or less, allowed formats: jpg jpeg png gif bmp tif tiff swf < 1.5 megabytes.) and then click the host it! button to upload the pic.

3.) Give it a minute or so and when it is finished you'll see this page. It contains links for your pic in all different sizes. The link that you want to copy is the Hotlink for forums (1) (as indicated by the red arrow in the pic below). Highlight the info in that address bar and copy it (command key + C). Be sure to uncheck the Include Details box before copying first.

4.) Now use this copied link in your post and it will "link" back to your picture and add it into your post.

I think it is called forum code now. Did this how to a few years ago for another forum. You should get the idea