Experimental MeauxJeaux Seasoning

Started by Tenpoint5, February 10, 2011, 12:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

I had some time to kill today. So I went surfing the net for some sausage seasonings found me a nice little site that has some sausage seasonings to be discussed later. While I was cruising around it seemed everyone had them a New MOJO Seasoning. Since I have been trying to clone one recipe I said to myself. "Self lets make us a MOJO seasoning" So I did but I added a kick to it.

MeauxJeaux

2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
2 teaspoon White Sugar
3 teaspoon Orange Peel (Ground down to a powder in a mortar and pestle)
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Cumin
1/4 teaspoon White Pepper

The wet finger test is pretty good. It has a sweet beginning with a touch of orange, then a little light bite of heat, then a big orange flavor and finishes off with a lingering soft heat. I will put it to the test tonight and put some on a corner of my ribeye steak. I will let you know how it turns out.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

jiggerjams

BuyLowSellHigh

Oh this looks way cool! 

Going to have to put this on my list of things to try.

Thanks, Chris!
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

TestRocket

Were you abducted as a child or have a previous job at area 51?  Always trying to clone something...

Using anything else cloned on another corner of that ribeye?  ;)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: TestRocket on February 10, 2011, 02:34:06 PM
Were you abducted as a child or have a previous job at area 51?  Always trying to clone something...

Using anything else cloned on another corner of that ribeye?  ;)

Well when I was very young I was helping clean out a grain bin and some smart Allelic told me to go sit in the corner. I am still looking for that corner inside the grain bin.

Nope just two flavors on the ribeye tonight.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Looks good and a killer name! Meaux Jeaux! ;D

SouthernSmoked

Heck Chris that looks very interesting going to give this a try.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Tenpoint5

Now I am not a MOJO aficionado by any means. Since I have never tried it before. I will say that this added a new dimension to my ribeye steak arsenal of tricks. The light heat noted above was NO WHERE to be found. Now the sweetness came through along with the orange as a subtle  flavor that really added a nice touch to the steak. I will be using this one again.