Salmon brine - Is it reuseable? Take one batch out and drop another in?

Started by Patsplace, March 06, 2011, 01:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patsplace

A pal that I hunt with asked me whether the brine was reusable or not? I didn't know the answer to that>

Pat
I feel much better since I started smoking.

Tenpoint5

It is NOT recommended to reuse brine. The cure and flavor strength is greatly reduced after the first soaking. Also there is the Bacteria thing going on. SO I would tell him NO do not reuse brine's.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Patsplace

Thanks Tenpoint5,

I figured that it wasn't a good idea but wasn't sure why.

Appreciate the info.

Pat
I feel much better since I started smoking.

iceman

Like 10pt said. DON'T reuse the brine. All kinds of things wrong can happen even if you try to refresh it. It's alot cheaper to make a new brine then to pay the hospital bill.  ;D

Ka Honu

Quote from: iceman on March 07, 2011, 09:45:25 AMIt's a lot cheaper to make a new brine then to pay the hospital bill. 

I thought all that hospital stuff was gonna be free under the new health care law.  Or was that part just for illegals and welfare abusers?

muebe

Quote from: Ka Honu on March 07, 2011, 10:26:05 AM
Quote from: iceman on March 07, 2011, 09:45:25 AMIt's a lot cheaper to make a new brine then to pay the hospital bill. 

I thought all that hospital stuff was gonna be free under the new health care law.  Or was that part just for illegals and welfare abusers?

It has always been free Turtle. It is illegal for an emergency room to deny you care even if you do not have insurance and the hospital cannot ask about your immigration status....
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)