Bottled sauce

Started by SiFumar, February 18, 2011, 02:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

I don't normally do store bought sauces. But have to comment. A friend Tomw sent me quite a few for X-mas exchange this year along with rubs and things. We opened the Jacks Old South Hickory BBQ Sauce the other day. We all loved it. HmmP my wife now likes that better than mine she says. Oh just a little better. LOL Guess we will have to try these others soon..
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Batman of BBQ

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GATES AND SONS   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't want to be the best in the world, just the best in my neighborhood.

1 OBS, Nuff Said

Consooger

What is soppin sauce? This is the second or third time I have seen mention on this.
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

viper125

Well a sopping sauce to me is a Southern Expression. Meaning you take bread and soak up extra sauce to eat. Good and kinda of like the gravy! And in Kentucky is probably one of the greatest compliments to the chef!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Habanero Smoker

Sop'N Sauce is a barbecue sauce that Iceman use to make an sell. Occasionally he will still make a small batch. It is outstanding tomato base sauce, it came in both mild and hot varieties.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

La Quinta

Best sauce I ever had...Soppin is the bomb... ;D

Consooger

I wish I could get some of this elusive sauce. I am a sauce junky and have yet to find a real good sauce that I am in love with.

The search goes on I guess....
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

iceman

Quote from: Consooger on May 08, 2012, 03:50:01 AM
I wish I could get some of this elusive sauce. I am a sauce junky and have yet to find a real good sauce that I am in love with.

The search goes on I guess....

Hmmmmmmmmmm........ A sauce junky eh ?  ;D When I get back to town we might have to chat.

La Quinta

Just be patient Consooger...things may come to those who wait...

Consooger

I like all these things I am reading...... Look forward to waiting patiently  ;D ;D ;D ;D
               -My Wife

dman4505

Saw this link when I opened MSN this morning and took a look some of these I have heard of but never tried, and some I never heard of at all. My have to look for them and give 'em a taste.

Don

http://www.delish.com/entertaining-ideas/party-ideas/best-barbecue-sauces#slide-1
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.