Boneless Butt

Started by drano, March 14, 2011, 08:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drano

Forecast said we'd get above 15 on Sat, so I picked up a 4 lb boneless butt and smoked it up.
Lesson learned - remove the netting that holds the boneless butt together BEFORE it goes in the smoker. :(
As the butt cooks, the the netting pulls into the meat, then barks over, making it difficult to remove.
6 hickory pucks made the smoke, but we decided we like apple on pork a lot more.  I'll save the hickory for a brisket. 
Added some smoked cheese from 6 Feb (needs to go back in the fridge for a few more weeks--still bitter), and some garlic bread--sorry, wife picked that up at the store. 
Good eats.

get smokin
drano

Tenpoint5

Nothing wrong with that meal my friend.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

MidKnightRider

"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

squirtthecat

Pulled pork on a slice of garlic bread??

Hmmm...   Sounds good to me!

muebe

Looks good to me! Don't worry about the netting...just tell your guests that it is just built-in floss to clean your teeth at the end of the meal :D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

OU812

Looks like the bark held up to the takin the net off fight.  ;D

Nice color too.

dman4505

Made the same error on the last butt I did
Sure was fun though...picking all the bits and pieces off the string
and sampling them.
I like the free floss idea

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

drano

Thanks for the comments guys.

OU, the net is still on in the photo--its fresh out of the OBS.  It didn't look pretty after the net fight.  New meaning for "pulled pork". 

squirtthecat, never thought of that either!  I like it as a side for the butt and baked beans.

get smokin
drano