Good morning and another newbie joins the ranks

Started by cbh, February 08, 2011, 07:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muebe

Quote from: cbh on February 17, 2011, 07:51:22 AM
I cooked a chicken this weekend using the "beer can stand" . I brined the chicken for 4 hours,  mixed up some minced garlic with Itallian dressing and brushed it on , along with drizzled EVOO. I preheated the Bradley for 20 min. put the bird on and waited.  2 hours of  maple smoke.  3 - 1/2 hours @ 210-230 degrees still only 140 deg. internal temperature.   I put the bird in the oven @ 400 deg for 1 hour and then it was done.  I also made garlic mashed potatoes , a green veggie and an apple crumble for dessert.  Chicken was wonderful .  Nice smoke flavor, not overpowering. Temp outside was about mid 30's.  sorry, no photos.  It was a big hit with the family.

Sounds like a great cook. A great combination is to smoke the bird in the Bradley like you did and then use a Char-Broil Big Easy or SRG(smoker,roaster,grill) to finish the cook. If you do not own a Big Easy then get one! You will not be disappointed ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

taz

Well my Ribs didn't turn out to my taste.  The company loved it though and it looked really good.  I have done Smoke candied salmon which I think have now pretty much perfected.   All my friends tell me its good enough to sell.  I just tell them I eat it faster than I can sell it so I will stick to eating it.  I will post pictures the next time I make a batch of salmon.  Has any of you smoke almonds yet?  I think my next thing to try is beef JERKY;D

Indy Smoker