More Sausage Pickling

Started by NePaSmoKer, February 21, 2011, 03:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Got some Andouille out to hot pickle with some onions, garlic.

Was able to do 2 jars

Also some goose sticks

De cased. Casings dont like pickling solution. Goose sticks in the blue top container.

Did the left over onion to.

Quarlow

Ok, you are just getting out of hand. I have had to start wearing a bibe now.  ;D ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Tenpoint5

Ok Kirby was being nice and beating around the bush. Give it up Ole Pal. What's the Hot pickle recipe?? I gots ta know!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

This is an easy one...no big secret  ;D

White (clear) vinegar
shallots, green onions
your fav hot sauce
onions
garlic, jar diced.
Note on using fresh garlic. If you dont pickle the garlic in the correct fashion you can get really sick. Thats why i use store bought diced or pickled garlic cloves.

Add whatever other ingredients you like. No pre cooking of the solution required.

Place all your items in the container, pour in about 3 Tbs hot sauce, top with vinegar, water is Opt to top off. Fill complete to the top and put the lid on. Try to have no air in the jar.

Let stand in fridge for a few days.

Ya'll can have the heart and tongue stuff  :P

OU812

Mmmmmmmmmmmm picled sausage,....good stuff.

Pickled turkey gizzards too.  ;D

OU812

Oh Ya mine will be ready for consumption tomarrow.  ;D

KyNola

Rick,
In talking about the garlic, you're saying to use the store bought minced or chopped garlic that you buy in a jar correct?  The reason that it is perfectly safe to use.....is that because it has already been proceesed, cooked or something simlar whereas raw garlic has not? 

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on February 22, 2011, 09:22:36 AM
Rick,
In talking about the garlic, you're saying to use the store bought minced or chopped garlic that you buy in a jar correct?  The reason that it is perfectly safe to use.....is that because it has already been proceesed, cooked or something simlar whereas raw garlic has not? 

Yes Larry you are correct.

Garlic if not pickled in the right way can make you very sick. Thus much easier to use the store bought processed garlic that has been pickled and canned under pressure and heat.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: OU812 on February 22, 2011, 09:18:19 AM
Oh Ya mine will be ready for consumption tomarrow.  ;D

MMMMMMM

Curt if you need a had with eating them pickled sausages you know  ;D

KyNola

Thank you sir.  Thought that was what was going on but just wanted to make sure.  Gonna have to try this once I get retired.  Got to learn to make sausage first though. :D

JF7FSU

I gotta admit I never heard of pickled sticks, but it sure looks good!  After you remove them how do you store them?
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

OU812

I dont remove them, they live in the pickle.