PICKLED HEART [WE HAD PICKLEMANIA AT WORK TODAY]

Started by pikeman_95, February 24, 2011, 10:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Quote from: pikeman_95 on March 05, 2011, 09:00:41 AM
Quote from: squirtthecat on March 05, 2011, 08:46:34 AM

I'm thinking Baconaise in that mustard sauce..

Could be, I know that the one that My recipe copies is called Durkees sauce but there probably are others. This is a commercially produced sauce. We were just glad to find a way to make our own.

No, I meant subbing in some Baconaise in that mustard sauce for a subtle shot of bacon flavor.   ;)

This looks really good, I'm going to make up a small batch to play with.   Thanks for sharing it!

pikeman_95

got-cha. That does sound good. Let us know how it works.

OU812

All them pickled goodies look GREAT.

The tater salad sounds good, gonna have ta give it a shot.

Thanks Kirby.

Never steamed taters before.

pikeman_95

Steam them low and slow so they get done but don't break down. They stay firm and leathery that way. Your salad does not get mushy like it would when you over cook the spuds.

NePaSmoKer

Ummmmmm   :-\

And LQ made me eat them snails cuz she was stomping on my foot  :D

pikeman_95

Rick

heart, goose, and tongue are all muscle meat. Who the hell knows what a snail is. I know I would draw the line at snail. You trim the heart well Rick so it is just a muscle when you are done.

mjdeez

I still haven't had a chance to make this yet, but my friend forwarded me this link to a youtube video of a guy showing how to clean up a beef heart. He's great with a knife; I've seen some of his other vids. Hopefully its useful to someone.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfxLptyBQkY&feature=youtu.be

pikeman_95

Thanks

that was interesting. I avoid cutting toward my hands but I get the same job done. I have just a little pickled heart left.