Tell me what you have tried Gunpowder on

Started by TMB, February 28, 2011, 07:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TestRocket

Steaks, um I'll ask Mrs. Jan if I can say anything else?  ;)  ;D

KyNola

You can add Turkey Spam straight out of the can to the list. :D

pensrock

This morning I decided to make up a small batch of country sausage or pan sausage as it is sometimes called. Put some GP in it and it was really good, will be doing this again.

Secret Receipt:
1-1/2 lbs ground pork
1/2 heaping teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of sage
1/2 teaspoon of ground chipotle pepper (optional but I like it)
1/2 heaping teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of gun powder seasoning
That's it, mix it all together, make patties and fry up.

iceman

OK just tried some on fried pork chops. WOW!!! Good stuff Maynard. Nuff said, back to the table.  ;D

Smokin Soon

Those frozen Italian Seasoned Meatballs from Costco, dusted with Gunpowder and smoked while defrosting and browning are unbelievable in spaghetti. Some say that cooked foods will not accept any smoke flavor, but these really do. Like any spaghetti the flavor is more enhanced after a day or two. The Gunpowder seemed to help enhance the smoke flavor into the sauce somehow.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: iceman on March 26, 2011, 06:30:44 PM
OK just tried some on fried pork chops. WOW!!! Good stuff Maynard. Nuff said, back to the table.  ;D

:D  :D
Good stuff Maynard

Man do i feel old

GusRobin

Dipped shrimp in milk, added GP, threw in fryer = great fried shrimp
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Smokin Soon

Doing a traditional boil of brats with beer and onion before grilling, try a couple of tbs of Gunpowder in the boil. The flavor came through on the brats as well as the onions.

ArnieM

Cut sweet potatoes into wedges, tossed in olive oil, liberally sprinkled with GP and into the oven at 400 for about 40 minutes.  Good.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

SoCalBuilder

Quote from: ArnieM on March 31, 2011, 08:07:55 AM
Cut sweet potatoes into wedges, tossed in olive oil, liberally sprinkled with GP and into the oven at 400 for about 40 minutes.  Good.

Arnie - Do these crisp up like a russet would? I may have to give this a try.

Smokin Soon

Baby red taters quartered a tossed around in a plastic bag of melted butter, GP, Garlic Powder and Parmesan. Into the BE and into my pie hole! Good eats! Next is Gunpowder Meatloaf.

ArnieM

Quote from: SoCalBuilder on March 31, 2011, 05:20:55 PM
Quote from: ArnieM on March 31, 2011, 08:07:55 AM
Cut sweet potatoes into wedges, tossed in olive oil, liberally sprinkled with GP and into the oven at 400 for about 40 minutes.  Good.

Arnie - Do these crisp up like a russet would? I may have to give this a try.

No.  I've never been able to get them to really crisp up no matter how I've done 'em.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

TMB

Quote from: Smokin Soon on March 31, 2011, 05:54:35 PM
Baby red taters quartered a tossed around in a plastic bag of melted butter, GP, Garlic Powder and Parmesan. Into the BE and into my pie hole! Good eats! Next is Gunpowder Meatloaf.
Now that sounds good, may have to try that.
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Tenpoint5

Granny Smith apple first thing that was not so good.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!