Rainy Day Spareribs

Started by Reboot, March 06, 2011, 09:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reboot

Mild and a little rainy out here today - a perfect day for ribs!  Considering how well everything came out with the pork butt we're firing up the Bradley to do some spareribs today - wish me luck!

We're gonna be using two different dry rubs (McCormick's Sweet and Smoky pre-made rub and the other is a home made concoction) on two separate slabs over Hickory using the infamous 3-2-1 method.  Gonna mop one with sauce and leave the other dry just to see how we like it.  If this comes out anywhere near as good the butt did I just might be able to justify the money I spent on my Jim Beam special to mama.    :-X

Tenpoint5

Reboot I am thinking you shouldn't have any problems justifying it to her. Take some pics of the Rib cook.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

wyoduke

Ribs are in the air i got 3 racks going myself good luck with the beam thats a given here wife loves my beam as much as i do ;D
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

ADH

I've got a rack of baby back on as well.

Reboot

Smoke is rolling and my faithful Siberian Husky is pulling guard duty:

Reboot

Step 2 of the patented 3-2-1 method and adding corn on the cob (almost as expensive as a gallon of gas currently)

Reboot

These dino bones came out AWESOME if I do say so myself - y'all are right, the Bradley makes it too darn easy.  The meat pulled back from the bone just right; it was tender, not mushy at all and super flavorful.  I know, I know I shouldn't have mopped em but that's how the family is used to eating em so this time I put sauce on em.

The corn came out decent enough but prolly should have stayed in the smoker for another 30 minutes.

hal4uk

Looks tasty, Reboot!  Toss me a bone!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Reboot

If there was anything left you know I would hal4uk!

Tenpoint5

You can mop them, you can sauce them you do what ever you want to em. Them is some good looking ribs!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Them ribs look good enough to eat.  ;D

Nice job.