Forum Acronyms

Started by whitetailfan, April 08, 2004, 05:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitetailfan

Hey there guys,
I've had my smoker just under 2 months now and love the forum[:D][:D][:D]

I get so many tips here its just a wealth of knowledge[8)]

However, this is the only forum that I use and I don't "chat" so I'm behind on the acronyms that are commonly used to save your finger strength for spicin' instead of typin'[;)]

Can someone lay out a short "internet acronyms for dummies"[:0]

eg - LOL, JMHO(I guess "just my humble opinion"), btw..........

Thanks - I can figure out American to Canadian[8D], but I'm having trouble with Forum to English[}:)]

whitetailfan
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Bassman

White tail, here are a few.
LOL = lots of luck
BTW = by the way
IMO = in my opinion
thats all I can think of right now.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Fuzzybear

LMFAO - Laughing my F*$#*&%^ A#@@ off
LMAO - Laughing my A@@ off
IMHO - In my honest opinion
TTUL - talk to you later

These are the most common ones I see/use...can't think of anymore for the time being.....

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

Chez Bubba

I thought LOL was "laugh out loud"? I'll yield to popular belief though because, like WTF...err...Whitetailfan, I haven't figured them all out either.[:D][:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Kummok

ROFLMAO - Rolling on floor, laughing my a** off
TTFN - Ta Ta for now
RTFP - Read the fine print
BS - Verbotten acronym...not allowed on BS, er, make that Bradley Smoker forum. Sorry about the slip, CB [;)]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Oldman

Most list above are used in the gaming world.  Chez-ee-baby is correct about LOL = Laughing Out Loud.

A couple I have not seen listed here are:
ty = Thank You
IMO = In My Opinion

Next, whitetailfan while the "chat" you referenced is still used a lot, more and more are going to live voicing programs. For example while gaming my group uses the Ventrilo voice program that allows us to talk over the net to each other rather than type out any message.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

msiler

Well I don't have any to add... but I do have a question, one i saw somewhere is OCD anybody know what that is?

When in doubt smoke it.

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Bassman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DoW-Oldman</i>
<br />Most list above are used in the gaming world.  Chez-ee-baby is correct about LOL = Laughing Out Loud.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

ISC I stand corrected[:)]

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Kummok

OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, aka: anal retentive, linear thinking engineer type (like me too often, especially with machinery!)
RC

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Chez Bubba

A little story about my best friend. I'm not sure if he's actually OCD, but definitely anal.

We're pheasant hunting in Illinois and he & I volunteer to be blockers. For those of you who have done this this, you know we now have a considerable amount of free time on our hands. After about 20 minutes, I look over & he is meticulously arranging the shotshells in the webbing on his vest to be the same orientation and sticking out the same length.[:0]

We recycle, so when he comes over for a couple cold ones, we just put the cans on the kitchen counter & I put them in the bin later. I come back from the bathroom to find he has arranged them all so that the labels are facing the same way.[:0] The thing he says he's having a problem with though, is that if the labels line up, the holes in the top do not![:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

Here is a weakness of mine.... everything has to be done in equal parts. (Well all most everything.) For example if I kiss my wife on the right cheek I have to kiss the left side....I call it balancing....go figure!

Ok who is next?
Olds

msiler

Aww. now i get it.... I had guessed by context the it was possibly. "Overly Concerned with Details"... not a bad guess.

When in doubt smoke it.