Two Big Troll caught Sockeye in the Kummok's Brine.

Started by Patsplace, March 05, 2011, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patsplace

Have followed the recipe exactly and have the fish in the brine. Will stir them later tonight and put them on the racks to dry tomorrow AM. What I've been doing is putting racks in the smoker and putting a fan in front of the smoker with the power to the smoker off and the door open. Seems to dry stuff pretty quickly and it's cold enough out that the temperature thing is well looked after.

Wanted to post a few pictures from the sausage and bear ham smoking but don't know how to do it. Haven't found out how as yet. Hint, hint. lol

Pat
I feel much better since I started smoking.

Patsplace

Thanks for the info. Devo.

Have posted three pictures on the Bear Ham & Sausage thread in Sausage Making. Need to reduce the size a bit but that's all.

Will post the results of the Sockeye smoke.

Thanks again,

Pat

Patsplace

I'm burping contentedly after the feed of just about perfect smoked sockeye. A few of the smaller pieces were a bit on the overdone side and were only "frigging delicious". The rest was the best tasting and for my taste, the best textured fish that I've eaten, and I live on the BC. coast. I've had lots of the hard smoked stuff that will keep for months hanging in the kitchen and lots of mostly raw salmon with a salty/smoked flavour, the firmer but somehow seeming to be close to raw in the center salmon that was pretty good and now this. The piece are firm, not too salty, not too sweet....just right. Thanks Kummok. I'm going to dig out some spring salmon that I have in there and do the same for it.