Garlic in the Salmon Recipe?

Started by Patsplace, February 27, 2011, 05:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patsplace

Howdy folks,
In the "Bradley Smoked Wild Alaskan Salmon" recipe, there is use of a fair bit of Garlic. Does the Garlic dominate the flavour of the fish or is it not really noticeable?

Pat
I feel much better since I started smoking.

Habanero Smoker

I like garlic, but the amount used in that recipe does not dominate the flavors. All the flavors in that recipe seem well balanced.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ExpatCanadian

I would agree with Hab...  I make a lot of this particular recipe, and the garlic taste is very subtle.  It's there...  but not dominant.

3rensho

Never tried that recipe but always put garlic in mine dry cure.  Adds a depth that is there but difficult to identify.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Patsplace

Thanks folks,
GD do I ever like this Bradley Smoker forum!!!

Pat

Smokeville

I just put 6 racks of salmon in the smoker..... Last night, I added several heaping tablespoons of garlic to the brine, then about 1/4 cup of Kikkoman's "Roasted Garlic Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce" in place of the soy sauce. When I rinsed the fish this morning that roasted garlic aroma was quite noticeable...

I'll let everyone know later today how it tastes.

Rich

Patsplace

I just took the Sockeye out of the smoker this afternoon and the taste is absolutely perfect. What ever the Garlic does, I like it.

It's not Garlic fish that's for sure.

La Quinta

Smokeville....I gotta try that...that sounds awesome!!

Smokeville

Quote from: La Quinta on March 07, 2011, 11:24:35 PM
Smokeville....I gotta try that...that sounds awesome!!

Yes, it turned out great. More "mellow" than garlic powder due to the roasted garlic. Problem is that it is quite expensive even compared to Kikkoman's regular teriyake soy.