• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cooking With Kids

Started by Tenpoint5, March 07, 2011, 11:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

I know I involve my kids in my cooking, smoking and grilling. It is a good way to spend some quality time with them. I have noticed there seems to be quite a few more starting to involve their kids and grand-kids in this smoking thing we do. Whether it is making Bacon, or Ribs, or snack sticks. My question is this. Do we want to petition Brain for a "Cooking With Kids" area? I was thinking it would be a all inclusive area. Not being particular to the subject matter but just that the kids are involved in the cooking process and not cooked in the process, or they are having a "I made that with my Dad/Mom/Grand Pa-Ma!" kind of day. What are your thoughts on this?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

hal4uk

Well, now... ya might wanna be just a BIT particular...
Maybe more explicit than "involves kids".

Sonny might post his bacon-wrapped Nephews-N-Nieces recipe.  ;D

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

jiggerjams

I think it is a great idea Chris.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: hal4uk on March 07, 2011, 12:29:39 PM
Well, now... ya might wanna be just a BIT particular...
Maybe more explicit than "involves kids".

Sonny might post his bacon-wrapped Nephews-N-Nieces recipe.  ;D

I think I fixed it for you Hal ;D

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

DTJ

I think it is a great idea, I am starting to plan projects for the summer with the kids and some bacon and sausage were on the lis. I would love to expand the list.

ronbeaux

Cool! College Boy is just now like stoked about like getting into like cooking and stuff and like he is really like wanting to like learn some more.(Sorry, he was home this weekend and that rubbed off)
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Tenpoint5

Like I totally understand man. 10.4 1/4 is in that preteen stage. One more year then the teen years. I am getting the same language. I don't care she is still talking to me.

Gaston Guy

I think this is a great idea.  My son is home on spring break and said "Dad, any chance you could teach me how to grill some meat?"  It made my day.  Last night I put a cooking apron on him and we grilled some steak, chicken, and taters.  These are life lessons he can use and great quality time together.