• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Sticking Vent

Started by Canadian_Smoke, September 04, 2005, 12:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian_Smoke

OK, I'm only on my 4th smoke with my BS and already my vent is sticking at the top.  I'm pretty anal about cleaning the BS after a smoke to the point where I use Q-Tips on the vent and I'm still having sticking problems.

What do you pros do to avoid this?  Pam? Olive Oil? WD 40?  Fess up folks this inquiring mind wants to know [:)]

PS - Pulled Pork this weekend (8lbs) I'll post pics and results in the meat forum after the smoke clears [;)]

Scott

<b>Carpe Diem</b> does <b>NOT</b> mean catch of the day

MallardWacker

When I perform my cleaning ritual, I unscrew the vent and wash the damper with the rest of the stuff.  Then clean the vent area with hot soapy water.  I would keep up with this for I could see a good amount of build up happening and I would also think if you ad some sort of lubricant as you mentioned you would only add to the problem.  Also you don't have to keep the screw tight.  HTH  Have a good weekend...

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

3rensho

I unscrew the vent disk and toss it in the DW.  Then I spray some window cleaner (generic Windex) on to a paper towel to wet it (not dripping wet - just damp) and then wipe up the varnish that has been deposited between the vent disk and smoker top surface.  Works a treat.

Tom

Smokin' in Switzerland
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

eightball

Cajun solution = small peening hammer used very cautiously.
Anyy questions, please contact me.
JW
[:D][:D][:D]