• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Offers Of Help Due To Katrina

Started by Oldman, September 04, 2005, 02:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

Arcs_n_Sparks

Smokehouse Bob,

A national laboratory located in Livermore, CA. I believe we could cook every pork butt, chicken, and brisket in the U.S. in 100 nanoseconds if asked, but it would not have the smoke flavor we desire on this forum.[8D]

I have five swift water rescue guys in there, so I have been tracking the action pretty closely. It's easy being a Monday morning quarterback, and fascinating listening to the pundits. As they say, the truth is the first casuality of war. That is no different in this tragedy, as various factions spin their views. My only comfort is that I am getting better ground truth...

Arcs_n_Sparks

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

you are not far from me , i am in salinas.

tsquared

I was watching NBC "Dateline" last night(the show was basically a critical review of FEMA's performance)when they showed a clip of a sheriff from one of the parishes who expressed his area's gratefulness for a Vancouver B.C. Emergency Response team's work in his area. They saved many lives.  Apparently some of the folks in that parrish are flying Canadian flags to say thank you. That warms an old Canucklehead's heart. I think the Canadian response is just what any neighbor would do. Our turn is coming--they expect a big earthquake in this area of the BC coast in the next few decades and I know for a fact that you guys will be helping us.
T2