Smoked more Cheese today (Jalapeno Gouda)

Started by devo, November 15, 2011, 04:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Took a drive to the Dutch farm today. They sell Gouda cheese there. Lots of Gouda cheese  :)

History
Making cheese!Both Jacob and Margaret Schep come from cheese-making families in Holland. Margaret's mother was a World Champion cheese maker in 1975. Margaret's brother and his wife still make cheese on the family farm in Holland.

Jacob and Margaret emigrated to Canada with their children in 1981, and began a dairy farm in Scoble Township, just south of Thunder Bay, Ontario.

At Thunder Oak Cheese farm, the Scheps bring to Canada the experience and tradition of Dutch cheese-making.

In 2002, Thunder Oak won the Dairy Farmers of Canada Grand Prix award for best Firm Cheese.

So since I was there I bought a half wheel of Jalapeno Gouda. It was not cheap stuff  :o

All cut up and smoked with 2 hours of hickory. Just waiting to get vac sealed.

JZ

MAAAAAAN that looks good. Really like the story too. I bet that is some great cheese even before you smoke it.

Nothing like starting out with a great product to get an even better end result.

Sailor

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

kickedback

devo

SiFumar

Gouda is awesome smoked!  So that  Jalapeno Gouda is going to be!  I bet it even was great non smoked!  Interesting place you went to, thanks for sharing some pictures.

ghost9mm

Nice job on the gouda devo, looks like your set for part of the winter...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill