Beef Ribs

Started by johnredcorn1, March 19, 2011, 01:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnredcorn1

Going to smoke some beef ribs tomorrow. My first smoke with a DBS. Never smoked beef ribs, have done pork on my Weber. I was thinking of using the 321 method. Anyone with  help for cooking temp and any other ideas?
Thanks

GusRobin

I cook them a lot since I like beef ribs more than pork. I usually do a 2-2-1 at 225*. Depending on the thickness of the meat on the bone, the last hour is sometimes stretched into 2.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

johnredcorn1

Thanks that sounds good. I was also thinking of doing the last hour indirect heat on the grill with sauce.

GusRobin

If you are going to use indirect heat, why not just leave it in the Bradley?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

johnredcorn1

Just finished the ribs. Best I have ever had.  ;D This smoker works great. I smoked them the 2-2-1 method at 230 the temp reading on the DBS only got to 215 at the highest its only been around 36 most of the day. The temp probe I had in the DBS hanging in the middle was at 250 so now I know not to trust the DBS temp. And yes Gus I did leave it in for the last hour and it was perfect.Wish I had taken some pics ,next time.
Thanks