aebelskivers (Sweddish donuts)???

Started by rdevous, March 28, 2011, 02:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdevous

OK all you aebleskiver experts out there....what do you use to turn them over?  What do you set your gas stove to, to heat your aebleskiver cast iron pan?  Favorite recipe.....favorite thing to put in the center?????  Any help or secrets are appreciated!!! A friend makes cornbread ones with finely chopped jalapenos and/or onions.  As I mentioned in the cornbread topic, they're like greaseless hush puppies.   YUMMM!! 

I got my Lodge Cast Iron Aebleskiver pan from Amazon.  Have I mentioned 100 times yet that I love my Lodge Cast Iron pans on this forum???   ::) ;D ::)

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

Mr Walleye

Ray

I can't say I've had these but I did come accross this site. About half way down the page (it's the 2nd video down the page, the first doesn't work) there is a great video of a lady making them start to finish. They look great!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Aebleskivers

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

OU812

muebe

My friend at work makes Ebelskivers every year for our company Christmas Breakfast. He has been making them for years and his are really good! I will try to pick his brain about how he cooks them when I get a chance ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Habanero Smoker

I have one and the aebelskivers are easy to make. All gas ranges vary, just set your flame to the same setting you set it for pancakes. When the pan is hot start off by just cooking one, that tends to be the throw away. From that test you can adjust your flame (and you may need to adjust while you cook more batches). When I flip them over I leave the gas setting the same. When flipping I find that using both the skewer and a fork works better than just using the skewer.

What I put in the center depends on what type of aebelskivers I am making. For example if I am making a batch with cornbread with jalapeno I will place a small piece of cooked link sausage, or crumbled cooked crisp bacon; or a piece of cheddar cheese in the middle prior to turning them over. If I am using a sweet batter I will inject jams or flavor syrups, or nothing just top them with powdered sugar. Do a search and you will find many recipes that are sweet or savory.

If you do a search you will see a post by the Seemores, I also may have a post or added to the Seemore's post.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

rdevous

Mike...I just spent an hour on Youtube looking at the aebleskiver videos ( prefer the 3-4 turn method).  Learned a lot.

Muebe....Pick your friends brain at your own risk....never know what you'll find while in there.. :o

HS....Thanks for the tips.  I will do a search.

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

seemore

rdevous......seemore here looks like they got you covered
here is the post on mine http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=13501.0
seemore