Help with Gunpowder Seasoning

Started by ghost9mm, March 29, 2011, 06:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghost9mm

Hi..
I have joined this great family of smokers just a short time ago and have been reading these forums with a passion...I have been trying to educate myself on the different rubs and seasonings, one season in particular keeps showing up...(Gunpowder) so I googled it and got a ton of information...but I am not sure I want to wade through all that is available with the name gunpowder, so my question, is there a preferred seller, and where is the best place to purchase it..we never heard of it until reading this forum...
   Thank You in advance friends, I just know someone will help..at 73 years old, sometime we need a little help...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

MidKnightRider

I second this request.
I've been here for 33 days now and I too had never heard of Gunpowder seasoning till I came here and the Sizzle forum.
So one of you long time forum members let us know.
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

OU812

GusRobin

or if you would prefer to get a smaller amount then they sell, PM me . A local market selss a clone (actually I think they just buy in bulk and repackage). Can get it for about $2 for 1/2 lb plus $5 to ship what can fit into a small USPS priority mail box. (or we can work out a trade.)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

KyNola

MidKnightRider

Thanks. Just ordered the 28 oz sample LOL.
If it's as good as you all let on I'll get the 10 Lb next time.
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

SouthernSmoked

Definitely good stuff !

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

ghost9mm

We would like to thank everyone for their help,what a great forum...again thank you..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill