Want 2 show U why I have been busy...more

Started by SmokinMoe, September 16, 2005, 10:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinMoe

Ok, I have been out of commission for at least 2 weeks, but I was searching for a way to help out Katrina victims and I prayed about how to do that and the answer was to load a semi truck with supplies and take it down to Baton Rouge and a small town named Woodville, TX.  Here is a link to the front page story from our local newspaper and on the photo to the left, you will see me and my son and youngest daughter.  If you want to read about it, I am the second person mentioned in the article, Michelle Osborn.
My driver should be getting back today after leaving Monday to go down.  It all started on Sept. 2 and by 12, we were on the road.  We took collections for two days and had over 200 people volunteer and many businesses donate all kinds of things like signs for the trucks, printed brochures, shirts, etc.  
We took over 31,000 pounds down there.  It was awesome. Someone came in and gave Jeff the owner/driver $3,000.00 to cover his fuel and we raised over $2500.00 for relief efforts.
It was truly an incredible experience.  
I just wanted to share this with you guys!!
http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-81890sy0sep09,0,3570673.story?coll=dp-widget-news
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"

Brabus

That's awesome! :) Praise your brother for having that heart.

Habanero Smoker

This is an incredible act of kindness. Thanks for sharing this with us.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

nsxbill

Michelle

Good on you!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

bgfntk

Michelle

Outstanding, you are a true hero![:D]

Scott

"I love animals. They taste good!"

jaeger

Michelle,

Awesome!!!

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">