Modified Frozen Pizza

Started by muebe, April 07, 2011, 10:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muebe

So my wife went to Costco the other day to pick up meats for smoking and other supplies. She got these personal size Mediterranean Style frozen pizzas. She touted how they were only 200 calories each....time to change that :D So I tossed two of them in the convection oven for lunch(hey they are only 200 calories each so I can have two). After they were close to being done I topped them with grated smoked monterey jack cheese and leftover gunpowder tri-tip for the finish. They were no longer "low cal" but tasted great ;D

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

TMB

Well you went from 200 cal's to 2000 cal's in a heart beat!!   Looking good, but I think Kimmie would kill me if I did something like that  ;D
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

OU812

More cheese please.  ;D

They do look good for bein a frozen pizza.

My wifey buys the 10" frozen pizzas and when shes not lookin I doctor them up and she thinks she bought some perty good pizzas.  ::)

A man can not live on 200 calories.  :D

TMB

Quote from: OU812 on April 07, 2011, 11:01:05 AM
More cheese please.  ;D

My wifey buys the 10" frozen pizzas and when shes not lookin I doctor them up and she thinks she bought some perty good pizzas.  ::)

A man can not live on 200 calories.   :D
Would you tell Kimmie that for me?  She thinks I can, but I'm like you I doctor them up cause I can eat low cal foods!!   
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

ghost9mm

For frozen pizza they sure look much better after being doctored... :D

Gary
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

OU812

Quote from: TMB on April 07, 2011, 11:36:29 AM
Quote from: OU812 on April 07, 2011, 11:01:05 AM
More cheese please.  ;D

A man can not live on 200 calories.   :D
Would you tell Kimmie that for me?  She thinks I can, but I'm like you I doctor them up cause I can eat low cal foods!!   

Sure thing.

Kimmie;
A man can not live on 200 calories a meal, he will slowly starve and before long a good wind will blow him away.

Tell me how that works for ya Tommy.  :D

ArnieM

Looks good after the doctor was done  :D  Ya can't eat them things as they come out of the box.

My wife eats two small slices of cake instead of one normal one.  She figures it's less calories.  Give that one a try.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Gizmo

Fortunately for you muebe I took a closer look at your label and you had a more substantial meal than you think so you should be good for some extra activities.  The 110 Calories needs to be multiplied by 9 for the two pizzas as they are 110 calories per 1/3 and 9 servings in the container.   :D

Reminds me of when I was a young teenage lad and my parents left for the weekend (dad traveled from time to time for the VFW).  One of my main meals to cook was a frozen pizza that I would add toppings to making them eatable.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/