New Guy

Started by tman2576, April 15, 2011, 08:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tman2576

Hi Folks,

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest!

After thinking about it for a long time, a couple of weeks ago I finally dropped the hammer and drove to the local (40 miles away) Cabelea's to pick up a Bradley smoker.  I was unsure which model I wanted but that decision was made for me when I located a six rack digital model in their bargain cave.  It was brand new but had a crack on the trim piece along the bottom of the door.  I got a fairly good deal on it and oh man....I'm hooked!

I'm learning all kinds of new jargon from this great forum.  "FTC" and the 3-2-1 method".  Good stuff.

My first project was cold smoking some steaks before they went on the grill.  Nice!  Next was a 4-pound beef roast to 140 degrees internal and then FTC.  Just about the best meat I've ever tasted.  In the morning I plan on using the 3-2-1 method on a bunch of spareribs...Can't wait!

I've only been prowling around on this forum for a short time but it has become quite clear to me that the contributors to this site are a truly wonderful group of people.  I've been able to learn much in a short time due to the fact that this group is so willing to generously help each other out.  Very cool.

When I figure out how to post photos I'll put some up.

Thanks!

KyNola

Welcome tman!  Sounds like you hit the ground running.  Any questions at all, just ask.  We have all already asked the stupid questions so you can't ask a stupid one.  Fire away!

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

DTAggie

Welcome to the madness tman.  Cabellas just opened another store about 5 minutes from my house yesterday!

Chili Head

Welcome tman!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghost9mm

Welcome my friend to a really great forum, the people here are extremely helpful and as knowledgeable as you could ask for...enjoy and and have fun with your smoker...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

ArnieM

Hi tman and welcome to the forum.  Go to susanminor.org for recipes as well as past newsletters.  Lots of good info there.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

TestRocket

Welcome tman and Congrats on that new Bradley and give Bradley a call and they will gladly replace your broken trim and make your Bradley like new (well all but the not so shinny inside and that's a good thing!)  ;D

smoker pete

Welcome to the Forum tman.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Shasta bob

T man where are you located? i believ the nearest Cabelas is in Lacy , Wa. is that the place? Welcome to the Bradley forum.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little