• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

The Maiden Voyage

Started by Tenpoint5, April 17, 2011, 08:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

I have my Kirby water stuffer all assembled and was just itching for the weekend to get here to try her out. Summer Sausage sounded good so I whipped up a ten pound batch.

All Assembled

Stuffing sausage

Ten pounds all ready for the smoker to warm up

Smoke A Rolling

12 hours later we got to 151ยบ

Everyone in the Icy swimming pool

Hanging out a blooming for a couple hours

The little chub was sacrificed up for a couple taste testers, before being sent off to the fridge. (Camera doesn't do close ups real well)

To Tiny Tim, CRG and Steve-O
Just wanted to say Thanks Guys for hanging out with me and keeping me company while I was waiting for the Summer Sausage to come up to temp at 4am!!! It sure would have been Lonely sitting at that Red Light waiting for Zep to come along without you guys!! ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

muebe

Nice job Chris! Boy that new 6 Rack is still really shiny inside ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

watchdog56

Looks real nice. Good job.

pikeman_95

Chris

Nice pics and it looks like you had a good build. The first batch looks like a great success. The casings are nice and tight and the cut picture of the little chub looks like very professional sausage. Did you ever find the sprayer head. I have found that Wall-mart has a good selection of brushes to clean up the stuffer fittings. I can see we are going to see more sausage making post coming from you in the future. Nice Job for sure.. ;D

Kirby

Tenpoint5

Quote from: pikeman_95 on April 17, 2011, 08:52:56 AM
Chris

Nice pics and it looks like you had a good build. The first batch looks like a great success. The casings are nice and tight and the cut picture of the little chub looks like very professional sausage. Did you ever find the sprayer head. I have found that Wall-mart has a good selection of brushes to clean up the stuffer fittings. I can see we are going to see more sausage making post coming from you in the future. Nice Job for sure.. ;D

Kirby

There was a learning curve, a wet learning curve. It was funny afterwards!!! BOTH times I had water everywhere!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

devo

LOL  been there done it, but it was only water  ;)

pikeman_95

It is a learning curve but I am able to use mine now and keep every thing in the sink. I could not figure how to write everything into the instructions that would cover every scenario. It is just something you have to learn. I guess that for emptying the stuffer after the stuffing process. With the stuffer empty of meat and the tube full of water and the piston against the front head you could open the back vent and then pump out most of the water with the vent open and then with the front end off you could shut the vent and blow into the water supply tube and let the air pressure push out the piston. This way you would not have enough water it the stuffer to be a problem. I will have to try it some time. I find that emptying the stuffer for clean up is the time I have to be carefull.

Kirby

devo

On the safety side of things do not try and lift the stuffer full of water, the six stuffer is one heavy SOB  :D

Keymaster

Thats some good looking Summer Sausage in the Spring ;D Looks like a lot of fun with your new Kirb-O-Matic :D

ghost9mm

Chris it looks as good as any butcher shop I've been in, well done my friend...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

OU812

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

That there sausage looks good enough to eat.  ;D

SouthernSmoked

I have a comment ................ WOW!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

La Quinta

geez Chris...you going all pro on us!!! Looks amazingly delicious...really...really nice looking stuff..I'm kinda a sausage freak so...I am really impressed... :)

NePaSmoKer

You been hanging with sonny?

Looks good