Oak Grove Smokehouse Jambalaya w/ Gulf Shrimp

Started by squirtthecat, April 16, 2011, 06:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

KyNola sent me a huge box of goodies a week or so back...  Including a pre-packaged Jambalaya mix from Louisiana.

Turbo cooked a bag today with 3 cups of water, and a tube of no-salt-added tomato paste.  15 minutes, give or take - in the pressure cooker.

Added a pound of gulf shrimp.. (I peeled them first)

3 more minutes under pressure.

Plated up with some spicy vinegar broccoli (yes) slaw.    Mighty tasty!

Thanks Larry!

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

KyNola

DisplacedCoonass

Ok, so I'm not sure about the whole pressure cooker jambalaya thing, but it looks good.  Might just be a bit much for me to wrap my lil Coonass head around.  Wife just made some shrimp etouffe  tonight, or as I call it, shrimp creole.  Darned New Orleans influence on proper Cajun cooking.

muebe

Looks good STC..... but only shrimp added? I like my Jambalaya with lots of seafood and meat ;D But I still would not turn the plate away ::)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

squirtthecat

Quote from: muebe on April 16, 2011, 09:52:02 PM
Looks good STC..... but only shrimp added? I like my Jambalaya with lots of seafood and meat ;D But I still would not turn the plate away ::)

I thought I had some kielbasa in the freezer, but I could only find a cup of smoked chicken and some pulled pork from who knows when.  (I did dump the chicken in, but you can barely see it)

Hmm...   Pulled Pork Jambalaya..

ghost9mm

Yes Sir...I really like the looks of that, my wife and I love anything cajun, really good lookin shrimp too..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

OU812

Mmmmm mmm mmmmm that looks gooood!

Buit could I have 3 times more on my plate please?  ;D