• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Greetings from The Mile High City

Started by Cubzfan74, April 19, 2011, 12:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cubzfan74

Hello fellow smoking enthusiasts, I am brand new to the forum and a brand new Bradley Smoker owner. I have been grilling and smoking for about 10 years but am new to charcoal-less techniques. I did play around a little bit last weekend and did my "World Famous"  ;D Mesquite-honey-teriaki beef jerky. I was quite impressed with the ease of it and the flavor was amazing. I am going to play around this weekend with ribs and I can't decide whether to do beef or pork? I know that it is a personal preference but what have you guys found to work best on the Bradley? I have read a ton of the posts on here and the information is priceless. I look forward to learning from some of the masters.
Happy Smoking
Cubzfan74

muebe

Welcome to the forum ;D

We love recipes so if you want to divulge your jerky marinade we would appreciate it.

I suggest if you are going to do ribs I would do pork. Use the 3-2-1 method.

Always leave your vent wide open!

Cook by IT and not by time.

And pretty much everything smoked is better in the Bradley :D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Cubzfan74

Thanks for the info, I will post my Jerky recipe later tonight in the recipe section. I used this forum as a tool before I even bought. I got the bubba pucks and a new thermo for IT, even broke down and bought additional jerky racks. Like I said I was wood and charcol for many years but I am getting to old to be getting up in the middle of the night. LOL!

ghost9mm

Welcome my friend, to one of the best and most knowledgeable forums that I know about, do not be intimidated from asking what you may consider a silly of stupid question...there are some really knowledgeable people here that are more then willing to help you out with just about any question you can come up with.. good luck and do enjoy your smoker... :D

Gary

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill