Creating Sausage Links

Started by jiggerjams, April 19, 2011, 11:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiggerjams

How do you tie off links? Do you do it as you stuff or after the casing is stuffed? All tips are welcome and thanks.

JJ

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: jiggerjams on April 19, 2011, 11:40:06 AM
How do you tie off links? Do you do it as you stuff or after the casing is stuffed? All tips are welcome and thanks.

JJ

How much can i charge for lessons  :D

pensrock

I'm not as neat or fancy as Rick but I can try to answer your question. I have done it both ways. Depends if I have any help or not. If I have help, I prefer to twist links as they are being stuffed. If no help then I twist after they are stuffed. Like I said.... I prefer to do twist it as the casings are being stuffed. Just seams easier that way.  :) However, I normally do not have help   :(

OU812

What works for me is when stuffing pinch the casing were you want to twist and hold it a second wile the next link starts then do that with every link.

I dont stop the stuffer when doing the pinch thing.

When you got the casing full twist at every pinch and twist clock wise with the first one then counter clock wise with the next and keep switching back and forth as you go down the casing.

Going in opposite directions on every other one keeps them form untwisting as you twist the next.

Hope that made sense.

GusRobin

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on April 19, 2011, 12:12:05 PM
How much can i charge for lessons  :D
There will be a special place for you in the "Smokers" part of heaven because you provided such valuable instruction free of charge to the masses that are hungry for knowledge and enlightenment from the Master.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

pikeman_95

the pinch method is the best method when you are working alone. You need to spin every other link and only one direction. Give them a three finger pinch if you need more room to twist.

jiggerjams

Thanks a lot Gents, I am going to bed less stupider tonight.  :) That is some great information you provided. Cheers!