T2

Double OT

Some fantastic goaltending!  8)

Mike

Ok... the out come sucked!  :'(

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokeville

Prawns that size sell for $25/lb here in Ontario. Makes me want to come for a visit.

Rich

Jim O

All the smoked shrimp threads got me to thinking ---- bet this would be good with calamari rings!

Definitely gonna pick myself up some and give it a try then finish off on the Napoleon.

Anyone tried smokin' calamari rings or tubes?

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

Smokeville

Yes, I tried calamari rings. Had no idea what I was doing. Treated them like scallops which wasn't too bad an idea and they turned out pretty good. For some reason I've never tried them again.

"So much food, so little time!"

Rich

tsquared

QuotePrawns that size sell for $25/lb here in Ontario. Makes me want to come for a visit.
Too late Rich! We moved the boat today from the prawning grounds over to the west side of the island  for the summer to fish for halibut and salmon. So come on out but you'll have to suffer going after spring salmon with me and make do with thawed prawns for appies! Next weekend we'll be out for halibut. i sure liked those smoked prawns though--thank you for the inspiration!
T2

Slamdunk

My buddy and I are going back up to Nootka Sound early August and am looking forward to getting our share of prawns. Nothing better than fresh from the ocean prawns. We won't be smoking them, instead just a quick cook in the frying pan and then dipped into garlic butter. Those and a nice bottle of chilled white wine - nirvana!!

tsquared

Quoteinstead just a quick cook in the frying pan and then dipped into garlic butter. Those and a nice bottle of chilled white wine - nirvana!!
while sitting around the campfire telling about the 45lb spring salmon that got away--sounds like my kind of summer holiday!
T2

cobra6223

josbocc in their post talks about a brine for the shrimp, is that a basic brine or what do some you other folks use ? Thanks Tim

Smokeville

I just use the regular brine of 1gal water, 1cup salt, 1cup sugar. The key is in the timing. For small shrimp (30-40 count), 20 minutes max. Larger shrimp, 30 minutes tops.

Rich