Suffered a terrible loss.

Started by Quarlow, April 21, 2011, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

I am sad to announce the loss of 6.5 lbs of ground buffalo meat and 9.9 lbs of lean ground 80/20 beef. I am so pissed. I took it out last wednesday and a series of circumstances I could not get to it for my first shot at sausage making. Plus I have been going out of town at 2 to 3 am every morning and not getting home till 8 or 9 pm. Now it has been unfrozen too long to use safely so into a garbage bag and back in the freezer till garbage day. I am nearly sick about this.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

DTAggie

GusRobin

Sorry for your loss but I would have used that to make sausage for the inlaws ::)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Quarlow

Thanks Gus I may just have foound a use for it.  :D :D :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

NePaSmoKer

Sorry to hear that Q. Sometimes it happens to the best of us.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

cobra6223

My sympathies on your loss Q, the pain will ease day by day and you've came to the right place for support group . Next time I know where you can get rid of the buffalo b4 it goes bad , just PM me !!!  ;D
Work bites and should never come b4 pleasure . Have a great day .

Tenpoint5

I know the Feeling my firend. Your schedule is like mine and needs careful planning.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Sorry to here about your loss Q

Been there done that, I feel your pain.

ArnieM

Quote from: Quarlow on April 21, 2011, 08:47:02 PM
... I am nearly sick about this.

You could have been REALLY sick if you used it.  Sorry about the loss cousin.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

ghost9mm

What a bummer...it sure makes you feel bad..we feel your pain...two years ago we were in Texas for a couple of weeks and came home to a freezer that died and we lost it all...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Quarlow

You know cousin, when I worked on the fish boats we would go out for 12 to 15 day trips. Some of the meat was not terrible pristine by the end of the trip. But we used the meat in order. Anything groound went first, then chicken, then whole muscle meats last and then we ate fish till we got back to town. Of course we ate fish sooner then just at the end but that is beside the point. But ground meat I will go about 5 days in a real cold fridge. After that forget it. What sucks the most is I probably won't get the buffalo again and I was finally psyc'd up to make sausage. Now I am kind of discouraged. Oh well I will make some sooner or later. Thanks guys for the support. It really does help to hear from ya'll.

Yeah Ghost I lost a freezer full of meat and salmon. Probably about 500 bucks worth of fish alone. That suck but this seems like more of a mental hit than that did.

OBS
BBQ