Food Saver

Started by Mikey, September 24, 2005, 07:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Hey guys, I don't know how many of you have food saver machines but if you do, try to get a couple of food saver marinaters for it. Thier like a really heavy duty plastic container with a valve on the top. You draw a vacuum on it and it opens the pours of the meat to let your marinate soak in more thoroughly. Works great. I bought mine at London drugs hear in BC but I'm sure they sell them elswhere, maybe costco.[^]

Oldman

Thanks for the information.  I have a Reveo I got from nsxbill. It tumbles as well as vacuums. In fact I got an extra container for it.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Mikey

Hi Oldman, nice unit, I didnt know they made ones that tumbled. Does Nxsbill sell these? I was wondering what they are worth and if they are in US or CAD funds. That thing looks like it would be great for a roast.

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mikey</i>
<br />Hi Oldman, nice unit, I didnt know they made ones that tumbled. Does Nxsbill sell these? I was wondering what they are worth and if they are in US or CAD funds. That thing looks like it would be great for a roast.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Send Bill (nsxbill) an e-mail, he may have some in stock. Just so you know in advance, the recommended maximum meat weight that it will tumble at a time is 5 pounds. It does a great job, and 5 pounds is more then adequate for most meals.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

HCT

The food saver forun had them on sale recently. I think Costco also marked the down,

Mickey

LABS RULE!!!  

God bless our wildlife!
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Oldman

Yes Bill sells them. I just check several sites and they all are selling them at the same price as Bill.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

tsquared

Hey Mikey--I'll have to try that with the Food Saver one. I think I even have one that came with my machine but for some reason I've never used it.
Tom

nsxbill

Mikey,

Thanks for the interest in the Reveo.  Unfortunately I don't ship to Canada.  

I have sent you a private email with suggestions to obtain one there.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Mikey

Hey Tsquared, ya mine came with a little canister for coffee or flour but it's not the marinator. Check it out at foodsaver.com it works really well.

Thunder Fish

I did not find the marinator at the Maple Ridge L/D's but I did find a burger jerky kit on the same shelfs.I very much like the High Mountain cure, thought I would try "Jerky Spice Works" by Nesco