Hickory Cold Smoked Gunpowder Rib-Eyes Seared on TBE...and Steamed Chokes

Started by muebe, April 22, 2011, 11:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muebe

So I pulled a couple of Rib-Eyes out of deep freeze that were Gunpowder coated before freezing. I put them in the Bradley and fired up the puck burner & puck burner pipe cooling fan with three hickory pucks. The Rib-Eyes were cold smoked for 1 hour and were still cold when I pulled them ;D Then they were seared on my TBE with the SRG grill mod. I also got to try my new steamer with some artichokes...

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

OU812

I just ate lunch and that steak is makin me hungry again, cooked just the way I like too.

Dont know bout them green thingys though.  ;D

I love a cold smoked steak finished off on the grill. When I buy, I buy the whole side, cut into steaks,
cold smoke all of them, vac seal and throw in the freezer for a later date.

Got some cold smoked New Yorks in the freezer now. Mmm mm mmm.

OldHickory

I do love hickory cold smoked ribeyes, seared on the grill--rare.  Your presentation looks perfect.  I have been enjoying the artichokes---tis the season here.  How did the steamer method work out compaired to the standard  boil?
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

muebe

Quote from: OldHickory on April 22, 2011, 11:34:05 AM
I do love hickory cold smoked ribeyes, seared on the grill--rare.  Your presentation looks perfect.  I have been enjoying the artichokes---tis the season here.  How did the steamer method work out compaired to the standard  boil?

The steamer took about the same time as using a steaming basket just much easier and convenient. An two large artichokes fit in there nicely with room to spare ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

ghost9mm

My kind of steak, they really look good...and the steamed chokes are looking pretty good too.
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

TMB

Muebe I love that set up you have for cold smoking!

Steaks look great! But Kimmie would need her burnt a heck of a lot more!   A hockey puck would be close    :'(
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!