First Pulled Pork, Second Smoke.

Started by Louie_Sausage, May 02, 2011, 10:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louie_Sausage

Well after my successful chicken drumstick smoke ( http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=22095.0 ) I decided that it was time to try something that would take more time to cook, great test for my DBS. I'll keep this comment short and get straight to the pics.

Small 4lbs Pork

Decided to try Jan's Rub as it was great with my last smoke

Sealed for 12-24hr Rest

Ready for the DBS

All Set!

4hr smoke, 10hr total

Ready for FTC

Waiting Game

3hr FTC IT of 155

Pulled

Sauced UP!

Turned out GREAT!

So I did this a week ago and just finished the last of it yesterday. It seams that it gets better with age. Many many positive comments about the "smell" from co-workers during my lunch breaks. My wife really enjoyed it also.

I think I will have to try beef jerky next.

Thanks to forum members whose information has fueled my new addiction!! Bunch of enablers you are!

squirtthecat

Nice job!
I see your Bradley is finally losing that 'shiny' look..   

Jan's Rub would make a brick taste good.  ;D

Tenpoint5

Looks really good!! I will be the first to suggest trying the sauce on the side next time. You went through all that time and hard work to get the smoke flavor on /in the meat. Don't cover it all up with the sauce. Lightly drizzle the sauce on top of the meat.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Louie_Sausage

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 02, 2011, 10:59:08 AM
Looks really good!! I will be the first to suggest trying the sauce on the side next time. You went through all that time and hard work to get the smoke flavor on /in the meat. Don't cover it all up with the sauce. Lightly drizzle the sauce on top of the meat.

That is a really good tip, I'll try it next time. The decision to sauce it up was based on the convenience for a fast lunch during work.

Thanks!

ghost9mm

That is some really good lookin pulled pork, job well done, I guess it's all gone by now... :(
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

OU812

That there is a good lookin hunk of pork you got there Louie.

When serving the pulled pork I like to serve it naked and then set out many kinds of sauce to let the guests pick which sauce they like, I like it spicy, some dont.

Quote from: Louie_Sausage on May 02, 2011, 11:18:33 AM
The decision to sauce it up was based on the convenience for a fast lunch during work.

I've got 3 different kinds of hot sauce in my desk drawer and a few different BBQ sauces in the fridge at work.  ;D