Are you a republican, democrat or a southern repub

Started by HCT, September 28, 2005, 05:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mws</i>
<br />

I've been having a hard time enjoying this forum lately. Seems there's a boorish element that uses this forum to promote there belief's ...right or wrong.... I don't care.... This should be a forum about the hobby of smoking foods and not a political soapbox. It's a shame[V].

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Mike,

I'll assume that comment was directed towards me & respond.

99% of the posts on this board are about the hobby of smoking foods & related aspects. I don't think a community as diverse as ours would be capable of talking smoking 100% of the time.

You establish certain "friendships" here & want to explore other areas of your "friends'" interest. As the community we've become, I see no reason for members to not share their feelings & beliefs in order to better know each other. Maybe you'll like me more, maybe you'll like me less, but at least you have an open & honest window as to who I am.

I think it is a positive thing for the community to discuss issues outside of smoking because smoking is only a part of all our lives. I refuse to dictate that every post be about smoking because we're all so much more than that.

I will apologize for the fact that I have been lax in moving threads to the appropriate forums. Just not enough hours in the day, and you get what you pay for.[;)]

Hope that helps & please continue to participate. We value your input.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

SoupGuy

Whitetail-

Don't apologize for possibly reading me wrong... maybe MY fault!

Let me introduce myself as a WANNABE Canadian. Over the past twenty years or so I've been going to Ontario (fishing) and just absolutely LOVE the place! I tried to buy an island on Rainey Lake, Ontario but the non-Canadian citizen tax killed the deal.

I do KID Canucks frequetly out of jealousy, nothing more than that. If I rubbed you the wrong way, I apologize profusely. I cannot think of a better place to live and be happy than up North... Just wish I could figure out HOW to accomplish that.

My best of best friends owns a camp in Ontario. I go there often. I really WISH I could live there...

I gotta work on this personality thing.... really SORRY Friend!

** Please excuse my spelling...

Best known not for soup, but rather smoked meats... and stuff

SoupGuy

As an aside to Chez's response here....

Running something like this takes a lot of time, patience and understanding. Last I heard, Kirk doesnt get paid for his efforts.

Maybe we should consider forum 'moderators' who could take some of the load off of him?

Volunteers would be the best.

For my part, I will try to be less brusque...

Best known not for soup, but rather smoked meats... and stuff

MWS

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />
I'll assume that comment was directed towards me & respond.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No Chez it wasn't. Your doing a great job as administrator and I agree, what makes this forum fun is the different people from all walks of life sharing views and opinions as long as theres tolerance and respect.

The great thing about technology is that it makes it easy for people to communicate through text. But sometimes the real intent of the communication is lost because the text doesn't speak to you. It doesn't tell a story. I forget that sometimes and miss peoples intent or make too much of it. For this I apologise.

Soup, I was responding to your recent posts with reference to Canada and obviously over reacted. If there ever was an example of missing a persons story through interpreting simple flat text....this is it. Again, I apologise for over reacting.

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mws</i>
<br />The great thing about technology is that it makes it easy for people to communicate through text. But sometimes the real intent of the communication is lost because the text doesn't speak to you. It doesn't tell a story.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Ding, ding ding.........We have a winner![:)]

Unfortunately, written communication cannot conduct voice inflection. The smilies help a little, but you can't always be sure if someone is saying "I think you're a dork." in a funning way, or a serious way.

I have learned that if something you read on a board seems to be an insult to you, the best policy is to sleep on it & respond after you've re-read it. Just because I've learned it, doesn't mean I always <b>follow</b> it![;)][B)]

Basically, we're all here because we enjoy the same past-time, none of us are wasting our time to get someone else's undies in a bunch. I really do think we're all on the same page, just sometimes there's a minor understanding.

Smoke on[8D],

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

whitetailfan

Soup,
'Nuff said.
No long term damage done, no psychological issues linger.
[Insert internet smilee Handshake icon][:)]
Catch you all later on a smoking topic!

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.