Sticks & The KC Outside

Started by NePaSmoKer, May 06, 2011, 09:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

:D :D

After a hose malfunction and the Mrs getting to me i finally got to use the KC...Kirby Cannon outside.

Mix ready to go. Cure 1 in the water and my secret mix.

ECA at the ready

On the table after a good scrub down and some bleach sanitation. Using the brass tube. A whole length of casing went on the tube and extracted right at 5 lbs.

Much different outside than inside. The table is lower and i had to learn a tad.

5 lbs ready to dry and get smoke.

OU812

I take it the Mrs. didnt like the mess you made doing the last batch in the house.  :D

So,,,,, what kind/flavor of sticks are these secret recipe sticks gonna be?

Bigbirdoffroad

SWEET!!! Man NePa, you are a sausage making animal!!!!
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!

devo

So what happened to the hose Nepa? Something I should look into on mine? On mine I have to run a garden hose from the basement laundry tap as I have a kitchen tap that will not except a hose fitting and that part of using the stuffer scares me. Should have some good looking sticks though.

Bigbirdoffroad

What did you use for casings?

NePaSmoKer

Devo

Malfunction was my fault by not having the hose coupling tight. Nothing with the stuffer.

Bigbird

I use 17-19mm collagen. I but them in a caddy.

Sticks are stalled and taking nice color.

Bigbirdoffroad

If you don't mind, where did you buy those casings? Sounds alot easier with the long run.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to all this sausage making and I'm thirsty (or hungry) for knowlege. I want to be well informed before I venture out on my own and start making the good stuff!!

pikeman_95

Devo

Malfunction was my fault by not having the hose coupling tight. Nothing with the stuffer.

For you guys with my stuffer my I make a suggestion that you set the stuffer base in a tote lid turned upside down. Then if you make a mistake or spring a leak it will catch the water and you can soak it out of the lid with a rag or a sponge. Suggest this to the boss Rick and see if she will let you back in the house. Did the stuffer work well with the small tube. You are a great product tester.

NePaSmoKer

Turned out great. I need to find a larger lazy susan.

Kirby

The hose worked out good outside. I need a taller table  ;D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Bigbirdoffroad on May 06, 2011, 03:38:40 PM
If you don't mind, where did you buy those casings? Sounds alot easier with the long run.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to all this sausage making and I'm thirsty (or hungry) for knowlege. I want to be well informed before I venture out on my own and start making the good stuff!!

I get the caddy of casings here.

http://www.dupeyequipment.com/

ghost9mm

Now that is some serious stick, really like the color...and did you deliver that LB that you finished up yesterday..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: ghost9mm on May 06, 2011, 06:12:40 PM
Now that is some serious stick, really like the color...and did you deliver that LB that you finished up yesterday..

Yup

And got 2 chubs for meself

pikeman_95

Rick

The sticks sure look good. Did you use the Greg's spicy stick recipe. I sure like the taste of that stuff. 

I purchased a quick pop up tailgate tent and I intend to run hot ,cold water and natural gas to the outside wall of my house. I will pop up the tent and I have a small gas stove. Then I can make all the mess that I want and let the water fly on clean up. I will have to do what you said and find a way to make some taller tables. I am tall and a short table kills me.

KC

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pikeman_95 on May 06, 2011, 08:23:26 PM
Rick

The sticks sure look good. Did you use the Greg's spicy stick recipe. I sure like the taste of that stuff. 

I purchased a quick pop up tailgate tent and I intend to run hot ,cold water and natural gas to the outside wall of my house. I will pop up the tent and I have a small gas stove. Then I can make all the mess that I want and let the water fly on clean up. I will have to do what you said and find a way to make some taller tables. I am tall and a short table kills me.

KC

I used one of my own mixes. Yeah the short tables really get my back/shoulders. Thinking 4x4 blocks with holes cut for the legs to sit in.

Cut the sticks up for vac sealing.