Homemade hotdogs, I think, jury is stiil out !!

Started by cobra6223, May 10, 2011, 12:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra6223

After posting this I wasn't real happy with the quality of my post however you all get the pics even if the titles are goofy, thanks for comments and advice. Well this is my first attempt at the hotdogs and it won't be the last even though I think they beat me this time , I used the recipe posted by 10.5 , the hotdogs were crossed between a hotdog and a sausage, they do have an awesome taste to them so like I said I will keep trying till I get them right . Every thing gathered and ready to go 2# GB/2#GP mixed with spices, Emulsifiyed, I think ?, stuffer loaded and ready, all stuffed ans tied, into a hot bath 160*, polar plunge time,cooled and skins off, 24 hours later, leftover meat from stuffer, any suggestions on getting more out of the stuffer, tried the dishtowel in the zip lock, but that didn't seem to work either, and yes we have just been frying and eating !!  ;D

Tenpoint5

Tim,

Dont look now but a great big mouse done took a bite out of one of your Hot Dogs!!! He got a bite out of one in both pictures even. You need to take your pictures faster maybe you will catch him in the act!!!

There's nothing wrong with them hot dogs they look perfect to me! Granted they aint the pretty red color that the store bought ones are. They also dont have all the mystery ingredients that they do either. Looks like some bun lenght and some foot longs in the pot. Good Job!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Keymaster

Looks good to me, You can put mayo, mustard, Ketchup and Grated cheddar on mine ;D

KyNola

Still trying to figure out what is wrong with them hot dogs.  OH, I know, they aren't at my house!