• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New Bradley Digital Smoker Owner

Started by EDinNB, May 21, 2011, 07:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDinNB

Hi, I just got my new Digital Smoker on Thursday and waiting for Monday to do some Hickory Smoked Back Ribs. I've tried several options for smoking including using the Bradley Bisquettes on my Gas Grill with limited success.

I'm looking forward to becomming a "Smokin' Fool" this summer.

Now to start reading....

EDinNB

wyoduke

Welcome and good luck with your ribs ;D
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

squirtthecat

Bavind

ghost9mm

Welcome my friend to the wonderful world of smoke, great place to come with any questions you may have, there are some very knowledgeable people here that will help with any question you may have ... and there are no stupid questions, everyone here started just like you...again welcome.
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Hopefull Romantic

Hi EDin NB and welcome to the forum.

Why wait till Monday when you have the whole weekend ahead of you? ::) ::)

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

SiFumar

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on May 21, 2011, 01:31:54 PM
Why wait till Monday when you have the whole weekend ahead of you? ::) ::)

HR

What he said.  Welcome and enjoy a whole wonderful world of smoking!

devo

Welcome to the board. Heres a tip. Order a extra element so you have it on hand when and IF you need it. Nothing more disappointing going to smoke something and the element dont work. Just saying.....its like having a spare tire for your car  ;)

watchdog56

DTAggie

beefmann

EDinNB

Thanks for the kind welcome. I have the smoker seasoned as per instructions and ribs are on the racks as we speak... I'll be smoking for about 3:40 then continue to cook another 3:20 or so I'll wait an hr or so when I change the water bowl to add the meat thermometer. I got anxious to get gong and the smoker was at 218 when I put the meat in, it dropped to 187, but is recovering now with smoke. FYI Ambient temp when I plugged it in this morning was 48F.  I'll start a new thread in the Digital section with pics when completed.

EDinNB

Quarlow

Welcome to the forum Ed. If you are not familliar with the smoke from a bradley I would suggest you go easy to start. I would cut back to 2 hrs on those ribs for the first time and adjust the time on the next try. The smoke from the Bradley is pretty concentrated and can be very strong. I may be too late for you but hope you enjoy the ew Bradley.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Keymaster

Welcome to best forum on the internet!!!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk